parking at UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t2thDr14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a place I'm considering living at next year, which is a few miles away from UCSF, and is 20 mins by bus.

To the current students at UCSF, I was wondering if there is such a thing as convenient parking for students at or near the school. Are there parking permits? Is there street parking available in the day, or in the evenings (after a certain time)?

Members don't see this ad.

There's a place I'm considering living at next year, which is a few miles away from UCSF, and is 20 mins by bus.

To the current students at UCSF, I was wondering if there is such a thing as convenient parking for students at or near the school. Are there parking permits? Is there street parking available in the day, or in the evenings (after a certain time)?

So you've decided...? ;)

Each zone of San Francisco has a parking permit letter, and right around UCSF is J. The permit is 60$ per year, otherwise you can only park for two hours at a time. I think you have to prove you live in the J zone to get a permit though. There are a few streets without limited time parking but they are sort of a long walk and there is no guarantee you will find a spot. Good luck with that....