Pars injection

Started by spondy14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spondy14

Attending
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any experience with pars injections, and any literature (or personal experience) out there supporting even short term efficacy. I have had a couple of referrals and even though they are an easy injection, doubt their worth. I would not want my 16 yo kid to get em.
 
I've only performed them for diagnostic purposes. If the patient's pain won't resolve and the fracture is "cold" on imaging, then the surgeon sends them for a diagnostic injection. If the injection reproduces the typical pain and subsequently gets relief, the surgeon offers them a repair. I've done this injection perhaps 6 times, and no patient has ever received long lasting pain relief from the injection itself.