Part 1 NBDE Study Partner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, If anyone is planning to take part 1 in april and would like to go for combined preperation please let me know. We can discuss doubts and go over the difficult topics and revise together. :thumbup: :)

Members don't see this ad.

hello! Before taking part 1 NBDE please can anybody tell me which is the procedure to register first ?Or is any site where i can read about materials and documents needed to register for part 1 .Thanx in advance

eda said:
hello! Before taking part 1 NBDE please can anybody tell me which is the procedure to register first ?Or is any site where i can read about materials and documents needed to register for part 1 .Thanx in advance

hi eda.
u click on link below to finde whatever u want about nbde I
if u need further direction send a message to me.
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/natboard/index.asp

Members don't see this ad :)
hi ridi, i am taking exam in march 3rd week., we can discuss and probably do some combined studies. i reside in illinois, wt abt you?
right now i am studying kaplan physiology.wt abt you?plan to finish that off by this week.i am not working , so got gd time to study? wt abt you?
let me know, if you are interested for combined studies. good luck to you, n bye for now...mita.

Even i am planning in march,let me join ur group.mita,where exactly in IL?even i reside in IL.I am in chicago.

I so this site and is very useful but i couldn`t find about documents needed to prove that i have graduated dentistry.So i have finished dentistry before almost 3 years in Bulgaria, and i cant understand if they want to see any diploma or not and if so how can they understand my diploma in cyrilics letters ?So my question is :To register for taking Part 1 do they need any document that prove that i am a dentist and in this case do i have to transcript it in English or not.Thanx again for your help
Eda

hi piya,
gd to have company for study, lets start rightaway.how far have u reached? pls pm me.

Hy ,I am in Chicago also but I am planing to take this first part later in september I guess.
But I would use some advice from you.
especially I am interested what is the complete list of materials for NBDE part 1.
Thank you.
My email is [email protected]

Hi,
Even i am in IL.....planning to give my exam by march end/april......
Would like to join your group.
So how much have you guys finished?

Hi piya,mita,dentyst05
Iam also planning to give in april...
i would like to join u guys...iam in CT...
how much have u guys finished...
i just finished path/micro and almost done with anat...
i need to give good revision....i hardly remember nething...
let me know...
good luck with ur prep...
Roja.

dentyst05 said:
Hi,

dentb'lore said:
Hi piya,mita,dentyst05
Iam also planning to give in april...
i would like to join u guys...iam in CT...
how much have u guys finished...
i just finished path/micro and almost done with anat...
i need to give good revision....i hardly remember nething...
let me know...
good luck with ur prep...
Roja.
hi,
I am almost done with biochem, phsio & anat....doing my revision in those subjects...do not remember a word...:)
planning to do dental anat next....how about you? what materials are you using?

hi dentyst05,
welcome to our group.it happens with everyone after finishing,dont worry.but keep revising as many times as possible. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
dentyst05 said:
Hi,
I m also in IL and planning to give exams in april end . i had completed anatomy and now i m starting micro patho can u suggest me what to read besides the decks
thanx

piya said:
Even i am planning in march,let me join ur group.mita,where exactly in IL?even i reside in IL.I am in chicago.
hey piya ......i am in chicago too ..just started with my preparation for part 1 and looking for a study partner to discuss out things ...would u mind joining me .....
Sj

ridi said:
Hi Everyone, If anyone is planning to take part 1 in april and would like to go for combined preperation please let me know. We can discuss doubts and go over the difficult topics and revise together. :thumbup: :)
Hi ridi, piya, mita.... ,
I too plan to take test in april and wish to join with you all. i stay in IL and now doing anat. is decks and papers sufficient? kapaln books are to be read word by word? it may take a lots of time.right?

sjchand said:
hey piya ......i am in chicago too ..just started with my preparation for part 1 and looking for a study partner to discuss out things ...would u mind joining me .....
Sj
nice to know that u r in chicago :) .when ru planning to give?i am planning next month.

hey,evrybody!Iam also planning to take my partI exam in may.Ihave started with dental anotmyand am reading thru dental decks and books.

Hi
for now iam reading dental decks and old q.papers
wt abt u?i feel its really hard to remember.
how abt biochem...i dont understand from those dental decks...which material r u reading for biochem..
bye.
keep in touch...

dentyst05 said:
hi,
I am almost done with biochem, phsio & anat....doing my revision in those subjects...do not remember a word...:)
planning to do dental anat next....how about you? what materials are you using?

dentb'lore said:
Hi
for now iam reading dental decks and old q.papers
wt abt u?i feel its really hard to remember.
how abt biochem...i dont understand from those dental decks...which material r u reading for biochem..
bye.
keep in touch...
Hi,
I am reading from kaplan & decks. Are you reading form soem text books? i have just started with path now.....
So how much gave you done as of now?
keep in touch,
bye

shalu said:
I m also in IL and planning to give exams in april end . i had completed anatomy and now i m starting micro patho can u suggest me what to read besides the decks
thanx
hi shalu,
i am reading from kaplan & decks....found out from many people & they told they did the same....& referred to text books if they did'nt understand anything...so i thought i would do the same.....
so apart from decks what else do you have?
When are you planning to give your exam?

ginna said:
hey,evrybody!Iam also planning to take my partI exam in may.Ihave started with dental anotmyand am reading thru dental decks and books.

Hello Everybody
I am also planning to give the part 1 in April last weekk...
I had earlier done anatomy... But hardly remember anything now..
I have started with Physio..and almost done with Kaplan notes..yet to go throught the decks and question papers...

Does any one know how easy or tough are the CBT for Part 1?

Praveen Kumar

dentyst05 said:
hi shalu,
i am reading from kaplan & decks....found out from many people & they told they did the same....& referred to text books if they did'nt understand anything...so i thought i would do the same.....
so apart from decks what else do you have?
When are you planning to give your exam?
Hi i m planning to give exam in april end /may i have dental decks and kaplan what bout u how much u finish till now

Hello Group...
I was just interested to Know if you all some information about the Tesxtbook which is easy to understand for Biochem and micro...

hi,
I am new to this, I am loking for some one who can do combined study for part 1 and resides in somerset , new jersey. If any one is intrested please let me know.
thanks.

can any one explain me this qestion-;

which of the following jaw position is determined almost exclusively by tooth contact?

[a} terminal hinge
{b]maximum opening
{c}postural position
[d}masticatory cycle
{e}intercuspal position
[F] retruded contacting position

answer {e]

and I think it should be {f].

ginna

ginna said:
can any one explain me this qestion-;

which of the following jaw position is determined almost exclusively by tooth contact?

[a} terminal hinge
{b]maximum opening
{c}postural position
[d}masticatory cycle
{e}intercuspal position
[F] retruded contacting position

answer {e]

and I think it should be {f].

the answer is intercuspal position .
in RCP the teeth are slightly in contact but it is detemined by the position of the condyles ,where as intercuspal position is tooth determined position .
hope that answers the question
toothie

Hi i have confusion bout the ans. of these que.
1)The site of oxidative phosphorylation in bacterial cell is the
a)nucleus
b)ribosome
c)cytoplasm
d)mitochodria
e)cell membrane surface

2)Red infarcts are most commonly found in the

a)lung
b)brain
c)spleen
d)kidney

ans 1-e ,2-a
dont u think it should be 1-d ,2-c

thanks toothie
u won't believe I have laughed for abt 15mts when I read the question for the second time.the reason is sometimes when brain is over loaded u just don't understand the simplest question. thanku though!

ginna

shalu said:
a)nucleus
b)ribosome
c)cytoplasm
d)mitochodria
e)cell membrane surface

a)lung
b)brain
c)spleen
d)kidney

ans 1-e ,2-a

Regarding the Question One -
The Bacterial Cells are devoid of Mitochondria. So the oxidative phosphorylation occurs on the cell surface membrane. In the eukaryotic cells, the oxidative phosphorylation occurs in the mitochondria..
I hope this clarifies your confusion...

sjchand said:
Sj

hai guys i have just joined few days ago
o am trying to give my NBDE in may so if any one want stostudy with orshare with please add me into your group
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ridi said:

Hi ridi,
i'm taking my part 1 before the 30th of next month.If you could please include me too in your study gp,that would be great.

Howz prep coming up? Did you guys register for the test as yet?
How much have you guys done? I just started with micro path now......done with physio biochem...... tried working out a few papers but looks like i do not remember anything!! :( looks like i need a few more revisions before i attempt the papers...
How about you guys? how much have you done?
keep in touch
bye for now :)
dentyst 05

dentyst05 said:
Howz prep coming up? Did you guys register for the test as yet?
How much have you guys done? I just started with micro path now......done with physio biochem...... tried working out a few paers but looks like i do not remember anything!! :( looks like i need a few more revisions before i attempt the papers...
How about you guys? how much have you done?
keep in touch
bye for now :)
dentyst 05
Hi
Same here i had done with the physio-bio but i can not able to make right ans. even up to 70% i think it's too tough to remember all the things hope we will do good in exam

hi everybody
i m sushila,came to usa last month .i live in mississippi.i want to join u people.its very difficult to studyif u r out of touch for long time.but we have to do it.

sUSHILA said:
hi everybody
i m sushila,came to usa last month .i live in mississippi.i want to join u people.its very difficult to studyif u r out of touch for long time.but we have to do it.

hai
srini here when areu planing to take ur exam
i am in findlay in ohio came this month and planing to take my part 1 in may reading only decks and papers and text for referscenses how abt u :confused:

srini

I have just started studying last week ... are 3 months enuff to complete studying for NBDE part 1 ? I wish to take it by end of may!!!

ridi said:

:D Hey, I'm new here!!!!!!!!!! I'm also hoping to take part 1 in april, I just order dental decks 04, I need help, I would like to study with someone. I'm in South Florida, anyone interested??

Talking about study groups and study support system for PART I....anyone in the BOSTON,MA area ?
Please let me know.
Thx
[email protected]

ridi said:

when do u want to give the exam , im also giving nbde part1

Dr SRINIVAS.D said:
hai
srini here when areu planing to take ur exam
i am in findlay in ohio came this month and planing to take my part 1 in may reading only decks and papers and text for referscenses how abt u :confused:

srini
hi srinivas & all group
sorry for delayed response. actually i went india for 10 days in ist week of march& then after that i was very busy with tests, job etc.i m doing mph .

i doing micro patho & anatomy from decks. then i will do them from kaplan.i m planning to give cbt in end of june, so that i can get full time after finishing my ist semester in apiril. i want to give with full preperation.
what about u . how much u finished till now & when u r planning to give cbt.

amin_movahedian said:
hi eda.
u click on link below to finde whatever u want about nbde I
if u need further direction send a message to me.
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/natboard/index.asp
:idea: hi...i am new to this group..i just read your reply...i felt you are generous enough to here and patient enough to reply for new commers like me ..so choosed you...actually am planning to give NBDE part 1 in dec 2006..havnt blocked the date yet...my preperation is so so..i only have dentaldecks...nothing else ...no papers 2...but i cant wait for time even..its the pressure of the situation you see...(personal)am in india.kindly suggest me for any improvements....

sUSHILA said:
hi srinivas & all group
sorry for delayed response. actually i went india for 10 days in ist week of march& then after that i was very busy with tests, job etc.i m doing mph .

i doing micro patho & anatomy from decks. then i will do them from kaplan.i m planning to give cbt in end of june, so that i can get full time after finishing my ist semester in apiril. i want to give with full preperation.
what about u . how much u finished till now & when u r planning to give cbt.
:mad: hi susheela...comming to know you are an indian,am approching you..am DR vani,BDS graduated 2005,now am planning to give NBDE part 1,could you please send me the link from i can get study materials for it...also...tell me is it possible to prepare for it in 3 months...am now practicing in private clinic..am nervousd...how do i go through this successfully/ :confused:

butterjam said:
when do u want to give the exam , im also giving nbde part1
:eek: helloo...guys,even i would like to join you...am giving exam ...but my prepration is wyah!!help [email protected]

:mad: hi susheela...comming to know you are an indian,am approching you..am DR vani,BDS graduated 2005,now am planning to give NBDE part 1,could you please send me the link from i can get study materials for it...also...tell me is it possible to prepare for it in 3 months...am now practicing in private clinic..am nervousd...how do i go through this successfully/ :confused:

I am also planning to give part1 soon. Looking for a female study partner. please pm me if you are interested.

Hi everyone i am looking for a study partner too . have not started as yet ,.. but time is short so plzz reply asap..... thanks a lot
when do u'llintend to take the exams ...........
Cheers

a)nucleus
b)ribosome
c)cytoplasm
d)mitochodria
e)cell membrane surface

a)lung
b)brain
c)spleen
d)kidney

ans 1-e ,2-a

a)lung
b)brain
c)spleen
d)kidney

The type of infarction is determined by the amount of hemorrhaging present. Solid organs, such as the heart, spleen, and kidneys are infarcted from arterial occlusion and become white, or pale, the occlusion is most often composed of platelets. Lungs generally suffer more hemorrhaging or red infarctions where we find more red blood cells and fibrin strands.