part 2 : part 1 exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have got part 1 score of 85 and plan to take part 2 in july, is it possible that after i take part 2 i can re appear for part 1 if need be to incerase my scores.. as i heard anything above 90 is real good to get admissions.. wondering if iam doing the rt thing....

Members don't see this ad.

You are allowed to re-take part 1 even after you are done with part 2.

Hi Cooldent,

There is one problem here, if you retake part 1 after your part 2 your first part 1 scores ie, 85% will appear on your score card.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by doctor2002
Hi Cooldent,

There is one problem here, if you retake part 1 after your part 2 your first part 1 scores ie, 85% will appear on your score card.
and whats the problem with that?i mean even if the ist part1 exam score appears on his report which i doubt it ,then it will be an indication that he is a persistant person who dident surrendor and who has tried again to acheive a better score with success.

Originally posted by caninus_molarus
and whats the problem with that?i mean even if the ist part1 exam score appears on his report which i doubt it ,then it will be an indication that he is a persistant person who dident surrendor and who has tried again to acheive a better score with success.

Actually it does matter. This girl was saying how at UPenn they questioned her about retaking her part 1, 'cause her first score was 84. They could see it in her first board certificate. I guess schools want only really smart people, that score a 90+ at the first try. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well u have been helpful thank you

Hi Cooldent,
why don't you retake part I before taking part II?
just a suggestion..
take care