• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Part Deux

justin_od

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2001
    Now that I have finished my primary and sent that mutha in, i got some questions for secondaries:

1) can we use black and white photos to affix instead of the more expensive color ones?

2) does it hurt to just print or is typing the way to go with a typewriter, which is more tedious?

Thanks

moo

1K Member
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 4, 2000
      •1) can we use black and white photos to affix instead of the more expensive color ones?

I don't see why not. In fact, sometimes I think black and white photos are clearer.

•2) does it hurt to just print or is typing the way to go with a typewriter, which is more tedious?

You should type where they tell you explicitly to type. I know JHU makes a point of this (and so does GWU, I think). Otherwise, I think you can get away with printing.

About the Ads

Amy

15+ Year Member
      Feb 2, 2001
      Las Vegas, NV
      1. Attending Physician
        Originally posted by justin_od:
        •is it bad to mix printing and typing on one secondary or should it be all one or the other?

I don't think it's bad to mix. You should definitely type your essays, but if you want to write your name and address, etc, on the app, there's nothing wrong with printing (just do it very neatly). Typewriters are hard to come by these days, anyway. Of course, if it explicitly says you have to type the app, then type it.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.