Part Time CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtelly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are the hours working at CVS part time.... what is the weekly requirement? Also do PRN pharmacist still have to do 14 hour days? I am debating applying.

Members don't see this ad.

My area seems to be only hiring on full time basis. Only folks who are part time were hired as full time and stepped down. They are required to work an 8 shift per week.

Where I work, part time can be as little as 4 hours per every 3 months. I know 2 people doing this just to stay in the system, and if they ever want to come back full time in the future, they have all the years kept with them for benefits purposes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where I work, part time can be as little as 4 hours per every 3 months. I know 2 people doing this just to stay in the system, and if they ever want to come back full time in the future, they have all the years kept with them for benefits purposes.
That's kind of crazy, you can work 16 hours per year, and gain as much seniority as somebody working 44hr/wk? I've gotta get in on that gig. Do that and then in maybe 10-20 years I'll switch to them full time and have a truckload of vacation built up.

Yup! That's why I tell anyone who wants to quit CVS to at least stay part time in the system, you work 4 hours once every 3 months. God forbid you have to come back, you get all those benefits right back. When I was in school, that's what I did. I worked once every 3 months. Come time to be a pharmacist, look, I already had 5 years with CVS, just doing that part time thing. 3 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Doesn't Walgreens do that too? They used to, anyway.

Doesn't Walgreens do that too? They used to, anyway.

Yeah, I work PRN with walgreens (full-time Informatics M-F) and I'm required one shift (no length) a month. I usually pick up a shift every other Saturday. The extra cash is nice, as well as employee discounts and benefits. Walgreens is nice because I see all the shifts released bi-weekly and I just choose a store with the hours I want, the distance I want to drive, and I try to choose a newer, less busy store. :naughty: