part-time dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kniles5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, why is everyone so against the part-time dentist? I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "They only want to work part-time" followed by the rolling of the eyes. I am all for them!! I plan to own my own practice and have those part-timers come work for me. It is only profitable for the full-time business owner. We can legally have more hygienists and the office sees more patients. We should embrace the part-time dentist!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think certain people don't like the fact that they are taking up dental school spots. I don't care.

Kniles5 said:
Okay, why is everyone so against the part-time dentist? I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "They only want to work part-time" followed by the rolling of the eyes. I am all for them!! I plan to own my own practice and have those part-timers come work for me. It is only profitable for the full-time business owner. We can legally have more hygienists and the office sees more patients. We should embrace the part-time dentist!!
"...legally have more hygienists"?