Part time employee pay

Started by mclem222
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mclem222

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. Was going to hire a part-time doc for saturdays but was unsure what the going rate was for a full day of work. I don't have optical. My practice is mainly medical and some refractions. Question for docs here..What is the going rate for a Saturday per hour (if solely by the hour)? Or if it is a percentage deal what is the most common deals that are out there?
 
Depends--a lot of variables at work honestly. Location? Private vs corporate. # of hrs? % of billing vs flat rate? How busy is the office? What insurances does the office take?

In my neck of the woods I've seen Saturdays for as low as $50/hr up to over $100+/hr. If it's a half day I would definitely want a minimum--typically around $300. When I'm filling in at a busy corporate location I try to shoot for a % of collections/billings personally.

Here are so averages for my area:

Private: $50-$65/hr

Commercial: $60-$80/hr

Hope that helps.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk