Part-time NSU program

Started by CJonesrun
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CJonesrun

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Long time, no see! Since I was last on here I chose to attend the NSU part-time Hybrid program in Tampa. I know that in 2010/2011 there were a lot of questions since it was a new program, and now that I'm wrapping up my 5th semester, I wanted to drop by and offer info in a few key points:
1) It is 9-15 credits a semester so you get all of your classes in 10 semesters then the last 3 semesters are all clincial internships (3 12-week rotations).
2) You work on reading, projects, watch video lectures and take online quizzes at home.
3) Four days a month, you're on campus for hands-on and major exams.
4) I work about 50 hours a week (gotta save for the internships) and have been on Dean's list since I started. I don't have a social life, but it is doable.

We have a virtual open house coming up with one student (not me), the director and a faculty member. If you want to check it out, you can go here:
http://www.nova.edu/chcs/pt/dpt/distance/index.html

Hope that helps as you all make your decisions--best of luck!!
Carolyn
 
Hey Carolyn! Thanks for posting this! It's really helpful in knowing what to expect. I applied to the hybrid program is September and I got put on the waiting list because my GRE scores were kind of low. They said they would review my application again after I retook it, but I am still freaking out that I am not going to get in. This is the only school that I am applying to as I will be getting married the week after I graduate from undergrad.I am planning to call the admissions councelor tomorrow to check up on everything. Do you have any advice on what I should do in the meantime or know anything about how many ppl they invite back from the waiting list?

Thanks
Meg