Part time pre-pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OlympusHAXXX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is part-time pre-pharmacy and full time pharmacy technician a good idea? Taking two class per semester and working 40 hours a week?

Members don't see this ad.

Is part-time pre-pharmacy and full time pharmacy technician a good idea? Taking two class per semester and working 40 hours a week?

It will take you forever. Also pharmacy school is full time. You should go to school full time and work part time.

It will take you forever. Also pharmacy school is full time. You should go to school full time and work part time.

Agreed, that would take foreeevvveeerrrr and schools will want to see your ability to handle a tough schedule. Also, just doing the prereqs is becoming less and less competitive so ultimately you might want to head towards a B.S./B.A. Don't make much $$$ as tech to be putting in all that time anyways right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with everyone above. I have been going full time for the last two semesters and working part time in the pharmacy and I will be done by next semester. If you can afford it, just save yourself the headache and get it done all at once.

Think logically, schools require at least 60 semester hours to apply to pharmacy school. Taking 2 classes means you will earn 6 at the most 8 credits per semester. At that rate it willl take you four to five years to accomplish what should only take 2 three at the most. Plus you need to get in the habit of taking a heavy course load or you will be caught in an storm when you start pharm school.