Part time retail pharmacist ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmd2014x

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just signed on with Walgreens as a part time RPh, but I'm a little confused. I would eventually like to be FT and have 30+ hours a week. Does being only PT cap my hours to around 20 or less? Will I be able to request more hours ?
 
PT is used by many employers as a way to say you are not guaranteed FT hours. You might hit more than 20 or 30 or 40 hours in a week but an average that necessitates full time benefits is not guaranteed.