Part time student possible ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoura04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was just wondering, if I hear back from my acceptance soon... is it possible that rather than wait till August to start classes that I can take 1 or 2 classes in January since I've already graduated. Schools I applied to include ICO, NECO, and NOVA. I read on NECO's website that something like that is possible if there are any seats open in that class.

Members don't see this ad.

since the class usually goes through together and the classes build on each other like foreign language there would be few classes that they'd let you do that for. I think at most schools that wouldn't be an option, but definitely talk to them if you get an early acceptance to see if you can do that. It'll save you taking 20 hours a semester your second semester in.

bI read on NECO's website that something like that is possible if there are any seats open in that class.

please post a link to the page on their website where it says this.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question but I'm also curious if this is possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
please post a link to the page on their website where it says this.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question but I'm also curious if this is possible.

I read it here:

http://neco.edu/educational-programs/nonprogram.aspx

Where it says "The New England College of Optometry provides individual course offerings to students who have completed a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate study, who are interested in taking classes in the anatomy, physiology, optics, and pathology of the eye, as well as certain core basic biomedical and vision science courses."

well from what I understand is that these courses are a part of the "non-program course offerings"

So these credits might or might not transfer. But you're on to something.

I would ask the school itself but at the same time unless they deduct the costs of those courses from that semester's tuition it wouldn't make any sense financially to take them early.
"Fees:

There is no application fee. Course fees average $850 for the first credit hour, and $650 for each additional credit hour; lab fees, where applicable, are extra. Thus, a typical 6.5 credit hour course without a lab fee would be $4,425."