• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
D

Deleted member 17408

Is it easy to get part-time work in pathology (as in other fields like family practice where it is easy to get a part-time job)?

Mindy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2001
Status (Visible)
I don't know if finding part-time work is easy, but 2 pathologist/moms at my institution are 1 full time equivalent for blood bank and coags in our laboratory. They alternate 2 day / 3 day work weeks and share call with the other clinical staff.

Mindy

GreatPumpkin

Mystical Treatbringer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2001
Indiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Definately not as easy as some of the other specialties, but as Mindy said there are part-time jobs out there. Just the fact that path has so fewer overall positions, finding a part-time one will be tougher. I believe there were one or two part-time positions advertised on the CAP site this month. And, there is always Locum Tenems.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.