part-time

Started by aggiecrew
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aggiecrew

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once one has completed a residency, is it possible to get part-time work?

anyone have any insight on this issue?

thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
actually, I was just trying to see if it was possible at all, in any subspecialty or any environment out there. pysch is big and diversified, so I was trying to see if part-time is a possibility anywhere at all under this big umbrella.

anyone know more about this?
 
aggiecrew said:
actually, I was just trying to see if it was possible at all, in any subspecialty or any environment out there. pysch is big and diversified, so I was trying to see if part-time is a possibility anywhere at all under this big umbrella.

anyone know more about this?
It's definitely doable-you can work in state hospitals, ER/PES, partial/day programs and other stuffs(academics/out-pt backup etc). Incidentally they also pay you well.
Hope this helps.
 
The VA hospitals hire part time psychiatrists, as well, for a nice salary.