Part1 only or both Part1 and Part2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usbigbird

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wonder how many guys take part1 only, and how many take both part1 and part2 before application? Since dental schools' requirements are different, some need part1 and some need both part1 and part2, does that mean people who take both exams have bigger chance to be accepted than those who take part1 only? Would it be aldo always better to take both even you are going to apply for the schools who need part1 only? If this is the case, how do you guys schedule the exams? take both in the same time or in 6 months. It's really hard to prepare both exams at the same time:(
Thanks for your suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school ur are applying to. If u want go for BU. Upenn or NYU part 1 should suffice but schools like TUFTS, UPitt and some others require part-2. So if u have a good part-2 score, the no. of schools u can apply are more and hence the chances of acceptance. I attended interview recently at BU and asked interviewer if applicants with part-2 have better chance of acceptance eventhough its not a requirement for them. She told me that th0se with GOOD part - 2 vl definately have an edge over those with part-1 only. Hope this answers ur qeury :thumbup:

That was a valuable piece of information,thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
sreshta said:
It depends on the school ur are applying to. If u want go for BU. Upenn or NYU part 1 should suffice but schools like TUFTS, UPitt and some others require part-2. So if u have a good part-2 score, the no. of schools u can apply are more and hence the chances of acceptance. I attended interview recently at BU and asked interviewer if applicants with part-2 have better chance of acceptance eventhough its not a requirement for them. She told me that th0se with GOOD part - 2 vl definately have an edge over those with part-1 only. Hope this answers ur qeury :thumbup:
Thanks for your reply. I think a lot of people have the same question, your answer really helps! So, only GOOD part2 benefits those with part1 only, which also means if you have good part1 score, you'd better be caution to take part2 just in case bad part2 score affects your application negatively?

what is good part 2 score??
and if somebody has good part 2 & average part 1 ....what are the chances?
thanks for help....

yaa thats what I was told, she stressed on the word GOOd but I dont know what is considered good and what is considered a bad score!!! :rolleyes:

Hi NBDE Part 1 Test Takers,

I am having the following NBDE Part 1 materials on CDs.

1) NBDE DENTAL PART 1 - Kaplan Review CD (2003 year) - 20$
2) All ASDA Released NBDE Part1 - Not Only Papers But With Key And Explanations - 20$
3) Kaplan Supplementary Tests with Explanations For all the Part 1 subjects - 10$

Pls contact [email protected] , for immediate CDs in days.

Thanks
[email protected]

thesearebestdea said:
Hi NBDE Part 1 Test Takers,

I am having the following NBDE Part 1 materials on CDs.

1) NBDE DENTAL PART 1 - Kaplan Review CD (2003 year) - 20$
2) All ASDA Released NBDE Part1 - Not Only Papers But With Key And Explanations - 20$
3) Kaplan Supplementary Tests with Explanations For all the Part 1 subjects - 10$

Pls contact [email protected] , for immediate CDs in days.

Thanks
[email protected]
you are not supposed to post this here!!!
there is a separate forum for this.... the sales forum .. you have to post it there !!!