Partially online CPR certification

Started by ethyl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ethyl

Go suck on a Zoloft.
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else need to get CPR certified for pharmacy school?

It's typically an 8 hour course and you're required to purchase a book. I've found that you can get the entire 8 hour course condensed into an online course. You finish the online course and meet with an authorized American Heart Association Trainer for about 15-30 minutes to demonstrate what you've learned and apply any corrections needed for your technique... and they give you your certification.

Go to http://www.americanheart.org/cpr and click on "BLS Online". It's called a renewal but it actually includes each and every piece of the outline as the 8 hour course. You're not missing out on any information. It's much more convenient than having to take the 8 hour course every year of pharmacy school.

Note: Call the american heart association's 800 number and ask for the location and numbers for the nearest AHA trainers to sign off for you.
 
I did one online for my requirements for UF. I was certified once before so it wasn't completely new to me. It wasn't one where you go to demonstrate it and I don't think it was AHA certified but it worked for school 🙂
 
Trancelucent1 said:
I did one online for my requirements for UF. I was certified once before so it wasn't completely new to me. It wasn't one where you go to demonstrate it and I don't think it was AHA certified but it worked for school 🙂

👍 Which one online did you use?
 
oh man I can't even remember. I think it was around $20 though. Sorry I can't help more. I found it online though. I got a new computer since then so the link isn't on this one. Sorry.