party till you drop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

totalbodypain

banana bag in hand
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
45 yo male found unresponsive. Family found him in thier back yard with strong smell of ETOH (not his family, They'd never seen him before). Blood ETOH 830. :eek: Thats one hell of a binge.

Members don't see this ad.

WOW! that def should be up in the Hall of FAME!

totalbodypain said:
45 yo male found unresponsive. Family found him in thier back yard with strong smell of ETOH (not his family, They'd never seen him before). Blood ETOH 830. :eek: Thats one hell of a binge.

We had the tox guy from UCLA lecture us last week. According to him it's impossible to kill yourself (acutely) from alcohol intoxication. Apparently you go comatose before ever reaching a deadly dose of alcohol.

Members don't see this ad :)
GeneralVeers said:
We had the tox guy from UCLA lecture us last week. According to him it's impossible to kill yourself (acutely) from alcohol intoxication. Apparently you go comatose before ever reaching a deadly dose of alcohol.

Or you aspirate, choke on your own vomit and die.

That needs to go here for proper record keeping. :D

totalbodypain said:
45 yo male found unresponsive. Family found him in thier back yard with strong smell of ETOH (not his family, They'd never seen him before). Blood ETOH 830. :eek: Thats one hell of a binge.[/QUOUT]

I call Bull****.

GeneralVeers said:

Point him this way

OSLO, Norway (AP) -- A 32-year-old Norwegian bartender was sentenced to six months in prison Wednesday for serving a customer so much tequila that he fell into a coma and died.

According to a district court in the southwestern city of Hokksund the bartender, whose name was withheld, pleaded guilty to serving 34-year-old Leif Henning Nilsen 19 shots of the strong Mexican liquor in 90 minutes at the Spiseriet restaurant in May 2004.

Nilsen lost consciousness and died three days later.

The court said it could not hold the bartender accountable for the death itself, but sentenced him to prison for illegally serving alcohol to a clearly intoxicated person.

The ruling said the bartender intentionally contributed to the excess by drinking shots of water, tricking the victim into what he thought was a drinking contest.

"In the court's opinion, it is hard to imagine a more serious case of excessive alcohol serving," said the ruling, which also revoked the bartender's right to have any job that involves serving alcohol for five years.

The restaurant was in Vikersund, about 35 kilometers (20 miles) west of the capital, Oslo.

Copyright

GeneralVeers said:

Not true. Doesn't happen often, but every year some kid at a fraternity party goes down hard. There are probably others.

10) Fall down, bleed in head, die
9) Get stupid, pick a fight, get shot/stabbed, die
8) Fall down, vomit, aspirate, ARDS, die
7) Wander out into the street, get hit by bus, die
6) Drive drunk, kill lots of innocent people. I hope you die.
5) Drink yourself into a coma, fall asleep somewhere cold, get hypothermia, die
4) Get alcoholic hepatitis, admit to ICU, die
3) Get alcoholic pancreatitis, vomit your brains out, die
2) Stop drinking long enough to get DTs, get status, get intubated, admit to ICU, soak up pounds of benzos, die

And the number one way to die from 'alcohol poisoning'...
1) Say something stupid to 'those two guys', get f#ucked up, die

beyond all hope said:
10) Fall down, bleed in head, die
9) Get stupid, pick a fight, get shot/stabbed, die
8) Fall down, vomit, aspirate, ARDS, die
7) Wander out into the street, get hit by bus, die
6) Drive drunk, kill lots of innocent people. I hope you die.
5) Drink yourself into a coma, fall asleep somewhere cold, get hypothermia, die
4) Get alcoholic hepatitis, admit to ICU, die
3) Get alcoholic pancreatitis, vomit your brains out, die
2) Stop drinking long enough to get DTs, get status, get intubated, admit to ICU, soak up pounds of benzos, die

And the number one way to die from 'alcohol poisoning'...
1) Say something stupid to 'those two guys', get f#ucked up, die
:laugh: :smuggrin: :laugh:

I had a 23 year old girl in the MICU that did tequila shots up to 532. Pretty good for a binge drinker.

The venerable Dr. Copass at Harborview told me of a patient that WALKED into the ER with a level over 900. This was a serious career drinker who died not too long after.

My favorite though was a big bad marine corp. guy who was passed out on a gurney with a shocking level of 130.

It is my understanding that it is the aspiration, inability to protect airway, kinda stuff that kills people. I don't know what "alcohol poisoning" means at all. Kinda getting thirsty...

BKN said:
Not true. Doesn't happen often, but every year some kid at a fraternity party goes down hard. There are probably others.

Hey, you're arguing with Jerry Hoffman at UCLA now. That's like arguing with Jesus mixed with Buddha and an Encyclopedia Brittanica.