"PAs exist outside of the U.S. anyone......anyone?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marsdgrove33133

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys :cool: i was just in italy last week. Sweet Place to visit and even live i think. IF you get the chance to visit one country in the world make it Italy. :thumbup: I would like to know can PAs work out of the country? Do they even exist outside of the U.S.? How can one learn more about it? :confused:

Mars

Members don't see this ad.

pa's work all over the world. check monika's link above.
in short anywhere there is a us govt agency or organization a pa can work as long as they have some sort of relationship with an md. this can even be by phone. pa's staff the station at antarctica, all foreign embassies, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Ireland is having a provider shortage, and wants US trained PA's to come and work in Ireland, as they try to figure out how they can implement their own midlevel education program. The money they offer isn't shabby either, although I have NO idea what it costs to live in the Ireland.

adamdowannabe said:
Ireland is having a provider shortage, and wants US trained PA's to come and work in Ireland, as they try to figure out how they can implement their own midlevel education program. The money they offer isn't shabby either, although I have NO idea what it costs to live in the Ireland.
ditto scotland, england, saipan, us virgin islands, puerto rico,guam, samoa, midway island, etc

That’s great. I am getting the impression that it is easy to find a job as a PA in other countries. Do you guys know of anyone working as a PA in other countries? I will go to that link and check it out. Thanks a lot for the info. :thumbup:

Mars :)

Yeah, my professors work in Miami..that's another country, right? Haha. Anyway, actually, one of my professors goes every now and then to egypt, africa, and other places to work for a few months.