Pass/fail classes acceptable?

Started by sums
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sums

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I searched for this and couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm the only one in this boat 🙁 I took physics 1 pass/fail last semester- a few weeks into it I got cold feet and went into an "I don't wanna be a pharmacist!" phase and couldn't drop the class, so I applied for S/U. I've tried to contact all the schools I'm interested in about this but have only been able to get a response from one. I was kinda hoping to know if I would need to retake it for a grade asap so I could do it summer b. I passed it so technically it's a C or above- so I'm not sure if it matters that it says "Satisfactory" and not "C" on my transcript

Basically, has anyone had any experience with taking a pre req pass/fail, and was it necessary to retake for a grade? If not, did it hurt your app at all? Thanks! 😀
 
Hey guys, I searched for this and couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm the only one in this boat 🙁 I took physics 1 pass/fail last semester- a few weeks into it I got cold feet and went into an "I don't wanna be a pharmacist!" phase and couldn't drop the class, so I applied for S/U. I've tried to contact all the schools I'm interested in about this but have only been able to get a response from one. I was kinda hoping to know if I would need to retake it for a grade asap so I could do it summer b. I passed it so technically it's a C or above- so I'm not sure if it matters that it says "Satisfactory" and not "C" on my transcript

Basically, has anyone had any experience with taking a pre req pass/fail, and was it necessary to retake for a grade? If not, did it hurt your app at all? Thanks! 😀

If it is a pre-req class, you must receive a C or higher. A pass/no pass grading unit will not suffice.
 
^agree.

You need to have a letter grade (C or above) in your prereqs. They'll probably make you retake the class for a letter grade.