Pass/Fail English

Started by docjg17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docjg17

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone,
I wanted to know. Is it possible to Pass/Fail a medical school requirement (english requirement specifically). I am senior and this one english class is taking WAY to much time and I want to pass/fail it but I know there is a year of english requirement for med school and I need this credit...so can I take it pass/fail?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone,
I wanted to know. Is it possible to Pass/Fail a medical school requirement (english requirement specifically). I am senior and this one english class is taking WAY to much time and I want to pass/fail it but I know there is a year of english requirement for med school and I need this credit...so can I take it pass/fail?

LOL, yeah this application process is taking way too long too... I wonder if I can just skip the secondaries. 😛

Pretty much if it is a requirement, they want to see you bust your ass and get through it like the rest of us.
 
Vanderbilt made me take a literature course for a grade after granting me an interview. Accepted me before seeing the grade but made me do it - two pass/fail courses counted for nothing.
 
In addition to the fact that med schools want to see the grade, it really doesn't make much sense to pass/fail an English course (I considered this once freshmen year).

If your course was anything like mine, your grade is only passed on a few papers. You'll probably have to write all of them anyways to pass and even with minimal effort, you should still be able to get at least a B on a paper...
 
hey everyone,
I wanted to know. Is it possible to Pass/Fail a medical school requirement (english requirement specifically). I am senior and this one english class is taking WAY to much time and I want to pass/fail it but I know there is a year of english requirement for med school and I need this credit...so can I take it pass/fail?

Please tell your Uncle Panda that you are a foreigner and that English is not your native language which explains why it's taking so much time. I shudder to think that not only have you waited until the end to take an English class but it is kicking your ass.

I weep.

But if you've been accepted to medical school I don't see how it matters. Pass/Fail has no effect on your GPA. Your medical school just wants to see that you don't go from being an A student to an F student after being accepted.
 
But if you've been accepted to medical school I don't see how it matters. Pass/Fail has no effect on your GPA. Your medical school just wants to see that you don't go from being an A student to an F student after being accepted.
It's kind of a technicality, but I'm pretty sure no med school will accept a prerequisite class unless it's graded normally.
 
ummm, no I am not a foreigner...And, I am doing just fine in it. I am social science major so I can write papers. This class just has too many, that's all....but thanks for the melodramatic post. It was interesting to read
 
hey everyone,
I wanted to know. Is it possible to Pass/Fail a medical school requirement (english requirement specifically). I am senior and this one english class is taking WAY to much time and I want to pass/fail it but I know there is a year of english requirement for med school and I need this credit...so can I take it pass/fail?

Considering that you used "to much" instead of "too much", I'd say that you need that class.
 
I took two English classes, one for a grade and one pass/fail, and no school where I interviewed seemed to have a problem with this. Then again, I was a history major with high honors and had A's in several classes in Spanish literature, so AdComms had plenty of evidence that I can read and write properly.