pass/fail prereq's

Started by swe2th
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

swe2th

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you still satisfy the entrance requirements if you take something pass/fail? I will be a second semester sr. and want to take biochem as a prep for dental school but don't want to freak out about the grade second semester. I know many schools like Minn. this is a requirement so will they take allow this if I take it pass/fail??
 
I don't think you can take prereqs for pass/fail even though you already applied etc. If you applied to Minn or another school that REQUIRES biochem, take it for a grade. But I'm not sure if you can take a RECOMMENDED course for pass/fail. Anyone?!?
 
If it's recommended, that means that the grading option won't automatically force them to deny you. It doesn't directly affect you getting admitted, but having a grade will look better than a Pass