pass/fail schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ovega03

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know of a list available online that shows which schools are pass/fail?

Members don't see this ad.

Harvard, UCSF, and UCLA for sure.

PDizzle said:
Harvard, UCSF, and UCLA for sure.

UCLA, UCSF, Harvard, Columbia, UCONN

Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone attending a pass/fail school, how do you think it helps or hinders your performance in school? do you think it makes things more laid back, or is competition among students just as strong or stronger?

i am trying to figure out if pass/fail schools are that much better and whether they will be something i would really enjoy. any feed back would be great. thanks

ovega03 said:
for anyone attending a pass/fail school, how do you think it helps or hinders your performance in school? do you think it makes things more laid back, or is competition among students just as strong or stronger?

i am trying to figure out if pass/fail schools are that much better and whether they will be something i would really enjoy. any feed back would be great. thanks

It's the same grading system with different letter grades.

e.g. UCLA: EP (A), P (B), MP (C), F (F)

dat_student said:
UCLA, UCSF, Harvard, Columbia, UCONN

I am pretty sure there are at least 2 or 3 more schools that have gone to the P/F, like PENN, USC?, probably more.

DIRTIE said:
I am pretty sure there are at least 2 or 3 more schools that have gone to the P/F, like PENN, USC?, probably more.

Penn is letter grade, only top 10 are ranked.
USC is also letter grade, but no ranking or grade is reported when applying to specialty.

DIRTIE said:

I heard that Case was going to P/F starting with my class. Im not sure tho.