WizzieMon

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
25
0
Status
:mad:

Hi,

One of my LOR attendings told me he submitted his eval online last week I think he said the 10th, but it still says IN PROGRESS, so I told him to re-submit to click save first as I read in one of the threads but I don't think he gets it he wants some real instructions, he's confused, I'm confused, where can I see the instructions so I can explain to him. This is taking a lot longer than intended? Anybody share the same feeling? Or should I just call PASS?

Thanks for your help.
 

flat4

Mullet Redesigner
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2002
594
1
Far West
www.perfect10malemodeling.com
Status
Pre-Dental
WizzieMon said:
:mad:

Hi,

One of my LOR attendings told me he submitted his eval online last week I think he said the 10th, but it still says IN PROGRESS, so I told him to re-submit to click save first as I read in one of the threads but I don't think he gets it he wants some real instructions, he's confused, I'm confused, where can I see the instructions so I can explain to him. This is taking a lot longer than intended? Anybody share the same feeling? Or should I just call PASS?

Thanks for your help.
Print out a paper copy and give it to him. Some people just don't do computers. Tell him you're gonna miss a deadline unless he sends it out that day.
 

FreshBreath

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
95
1
Beantown, USA
Status
Dental Student
flat4 said:
Print out a paper copy and give it to him. Some people just don't do computers. Tell him you're gonna miss a deadline unless he sends it out that day.
Is there a deadline for PASS? I thought each program has its own deadline and PASS was a way to apply?
 
About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
FreshBreath said:
Is there a deadline for PASS? I thought each program has its own deadline and PASS was a way to apply?
Same difference. If you don't get your application submitted to PASS by their deadlines, then it won't get to your programs by their deadlines.
 

Budmano786

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2002
29
0
Visit site
Status
ItsGavinC said:
Same difference. If you don't get your application submitted to PASS by their deadlines, then it won't get to your programs by their deadlines.
i was always curious...does that mean you have to "submit" the application on the website by the deadline, or does it take a few days for the process to be completed...e.g., Aug. 2 PASS deadline for UIC...am I okay if I submit Aug. 1?
 

kato999

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 2, 2004
344
1
39
Status
Dentist
Budmano786 said:
i was always curious...does that mean you have to "submit" the application on the website by the deadline, or does it take a few days for the process to be completed...e.g., Aug. 2 PASS deadline for UIC...am I okay if I submit Aug. 1?
I was wondering that too. I completed my PASS 3 weeks ago and PASS still hasn't mailed anything. Hopefully you would be okay, but it seems there is nothing for certain with PASS.
 

gryffindor

15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2002
2,827
103
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Budmano786 said:
i was always curious...does that mean you have to "submit" the application on the website by the deadline, or does it take a few days for the process to be completed...e.g., Aug. 2 PASS deadline for UIC...am I okay if I submit Aug. 1?
Technically you would be ok, if the stars are aligned and they don't misplace or misfile anything. PASS says Aug. 2 to give themselves 2 weeks to get the stuff in by the program's deadline of Aug. 17 (or whatever it is). I think I submitted my stuff dangerously close to the PASS deadlines two years in a row and luckily PASS didn't mess my application up and everything reached where it was supposed to go. After you submit your part, PASS sends you that sheet with all of your stats so you can make corrections - so what if when you get that sheet on August 11 and you see your class rank is reported as "50" instead of "5." Then you would be screwed because by the time you get that corrected, you will definitely have missed deadlines.
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
18
Arizona
Status
Dentist
griffin04 said:
Technically you would be ok, if the stars are aligned and they don't misplace or misfile anything. PASS says Aug. 2 to give themselves 2 weeks to get the stuff in by the program's deadline of Aug. 17 (or whatever it is).
Exactly. The PASS deadline is typically 2-3 weeks before the school deadlines. PASS says they promise that applications will be sent to the programs in time for each deadline as long as they are submitted prior to the PASS deadline.
 
About the Ads