1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

PASS help !!

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by WizzieMon, Jul 19, 2006.

1. WizzieMon

WizzieMon Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

:mad:

Hi,

One of my LOR attendings told me he submitted his eval online last week I think he said the 10th, but it still says IN PROGRESS, so I told him to re-submit to click save first as I read in one of the threads but I don't think he gets it he wants some real instructions, he's confused, I'm confused, where can I see the instructions so I can explain to him. This is taking a lot longer than intended? Anybody share the same feeling? Or should I just call PASS?

Thanks for your help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. flat4

flat4 Mullet Redesigner
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Print out a paper copy and give it to him. Some people just don't do computers. Tell him you're gonna miss a deadline unless he sends it out that day.

4. FreshBreath

FreshBreath Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Is there a deadline for PASS? I thought each program has its own deadline and PASS was a way to apply?

5. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Same difference. If you don't get your application submitted to PASS by their deadlines, then it won't get to your programs by their deadlines.

6. Budmano786

Budmano786 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

i was always curious...does that mean you have to "submit" the application on the website by the deadline, or does it take a few days for the process to be completed...e.g., Aug. 2 PASS deadline for UIC...am I okay if I submit Aug. 1?

7. kato999

kato999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I was wondering that too. I completed my PASS 3 weeks ago and PASS still hasn't mailed anything. Hopefully you would be okay, but it seems there is nothing for certain with PASS.

8. gryffindor

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Technically you would be ok, if the stars are aligned and they don't misplace or misfile anything. PASS says Aug. 2 to give themselves 2 weeks to get the stuff in by the program's deadline of Aug. 17 (or whatever it is). I think I submitted my stuff dangerously close to the PASS deadlines two years in a row and luckily PASS didn't mess my application up and everything reached where it was supposed to go. After you submit your part, PASS sends you that sheet with all of your stats so you can make corrections - so what if when you get that sheet on August 11 and you see your class rank is reported as "50" instead of "5." Then you would be screwed because by the time you get that corrected, you will definitely have missed deadlines.

9. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Exactly. The PASS deadline is typically 2-3 weeks before the school deadlines. PASS says they promise that applications will be sent to the programs in time for each deadline as long as they are submitted prior to the PASS deadline.