Pass in Ob/Gyn - do i have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clothilde

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted in another thread...I got honors in all 3rd year clinical rotations EXCEPT for ob/gyn - they gave me a pass! Truth be told, I got really unlucky in terms of which residents I worked with...there are a couple who have a bad reputation at our school for being nasty to students, and just my luck, I ended up working mostly with them. They evaluated me very harshly. I know I am not a terrible medical student because all my other clinical evals were outstanding and like I said I got honors in everything else. I go to a top medical school and really want to match into a top academic program and potentially pursue MFM. Is this pass in ob going to really hurt me? Would love advice from you guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Unlikely. If you are as good as you say you are, your other grades and board scores will probably reflect that.

I posted in another thread...I got honors in all 3rd year clinical rotations EXCEPT for ob/gyn - they gave me a pass! Truth be told, I got really unlucky in terms of which residents I worked with...there are a couple who have a bad reputation at our school for being nasty to students, and just my luck, I ended up working mostly with them. They evaluated me very harshly. I know I am not a terrible medical student because all my other clinical evals were outstanding and like I said I got honors in everything else. I go to a top medical school and really want to match into a top academic program and potentially pursue MFM. Is this pass in ob going to really hurt me? Would love advice from you guys!!

It will make programs wonder why you received a pass in OBGYN and did well in your other clerkships. It won't hold you back but it will be noticed.