You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pass me a beer and stick a fork in me...
Started by Gut Shot
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nice to be done, isn't it? Hopefully you're not like I was and still have 4 months of clinical electives left!
B
b&ierstiefel
Just finished my 11th out of 12. I'm not waiting til next week to have a drink though! But I'll let people stick a fork in me when I'm done my 12th 🙂
It is exhausting to interview at all these places. I won't lie about that. However, every program seems to say the same thing on their websites...only until you actually visit these places, do you actually get the true vibe of a place (or whatever vibe you can get throughout spending only one day at a place).
Congrats on being done though. Have a drink (or two or three) and best of luck in the match 👍 .
It is exhausting to interview at all these places. I won't lie about that. However, every program seems to say the same thing on their websites...only until you actually visit these places, do you actually get the true vibe of a place (or whatever vibe you can get throughout spending only one day at a place).
Congrats on being done though. Have a drink (or two or three) and best of luck in the match 👍 .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AndyMilonakis said:It is exhausting to interview at all these places.
Ain't that the truth? I feel like bat-wielding circus clowns have worked me over but good. The rest of my year is coasting after this, even with an AI in store.
"Well, George, we knocked the bastard off."
-Sir Edmund Hillary, to expedition mate Geogre Lowe, after summiting Mount Everest with Tenzing Norgay on May 29, 1953.
B
b&ierstiefel
Yeah same here...except I'll be doing a postdoc for 4 months and make half of what I made last year during that short time period. Woohoo! I'll have money again. What sucks about these interviews is that I drop about $400-500 per trip. Multiply that by 12 and you got a whole lotta badness going on.Havarti666 said:Ain't that the truth? I feel like bat-wielding circus clowns have worked me over but good. The rest of my year is coasting after this, even with an AI in store.
Havarti666 said:...I'm done with interviews. It's over, finished, completed. No more. Nada, zip, zilch, the big goose egg. Thirteen down, zero to go.
I hope everyone else staggers over the finish line soon. 😎
Congratulations to you and to all of you who will be finished with interviews soon.
As I went on 2 frozens the other day in surgery, I thought to myself: "Thank God for Pathology!"
Best of luck to all of you! 👍
B
b&ierstiefel
MAn, it's gonna be really REALLY hard to motivate myself for my next and final interview next week. Ugh!Brian Pavlovitz said:Congratulations to you and to all of you who will be finished with interviews soon.
As I went on 2 frozens the other day in surgery, I thought to myself: "Thank God for Pathology!"
Best of luck to all of you! 👍
Brian Pavlovitz said:As I went on 2 frozens the other day in surgery, I thought to myself: "Thank God for Pathology!"
I couldn't agree more!
I remember how tiring interviewing was. The worst is when you go on one and you realize after the first hour that you don't want to go there. But you have to stick it out the whole day and act interested.
B
b&ierstiefel
Doctor B. said:I remember how tiring interviewing was. The worst is when you go on one and you realize after the first hour that you don't want to go there. But you have to stick it out the whole day and act interested.
I definitely felt that way at two of the places I interviewed at. It's weird how first impressions work. It doesn't hurt you one bit (except your wallet) if you realize early on in the day that place is not for you however...cuz in the end, you certainly don't even have to rank them.
I wish I applied when you did (which would have been the case if I didn't do the PhD thing)...then I could get away with ranking 3 places too. I have a feeling though that my ROL will be significantly larger than 3

Doctor B. said:
"Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch"..........I should of known that was Leary. That's that bit about coffee and how many freakin' varieties we have of it.
B
b&ierstiefel
yeah...sux to be us!Doctor B. said:Yeah, it seems like things have gotten more competitive in the last few years. I look at our applicants boards scores and I'm glad I applied when I did!
B
b&ierstiefel
don't forget the ritual sacrifices.cytoborg said:Yup, done here too. Now begins the chanting, meditating, and tea-leaf-reading as I ponder my ROL.
I heard over and over from interviewers how apps are way up this year and that it's going to be very competetive. 😡
this month sux. can't wait til february.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
your farts must reek 😀cytoborg said:I'm a vegan and offended by that suggestion. I'll stick with my tea leaves, thank you very much. 😀
AndyMilonakis said:your farts must reek 😀
LOL...should become real popular at sign outs...
joedogma said:LOL...should become real popular at sign outs...
The "other" yaah would enjoy it!
B
b&ierstiefel
you mean the cool yaah?cytoborg said:The "other" yaah would enjoy it!

cytoborg said:The "other" yaah would enjoy it!
There are two of me now? Perhaps I will adopt the John Edwards philosophy and say there are two of me. The benevolent Yaah who provides advice and an "attaboy" and cooperates. And the sullen yaah who cracks fart jokes, undercuts people's authority, and in general makes life miserable for all.
B
b&ierstiefel
yes...SITV-yaah gets pissy easily and likes to wave around with his middle fingers extended.cytoborg said:I knew you had a dark side, yaah. You can't be all wisdom and benevolence all the time.
AndyMilonakis said:yes...SITV-yaah gets pissy easily and likes to wave around with his middle fingers extended.
Up your nose with a garden hose, my friend.
B
b&ierstiefel
Well...time for me to pack...last interview then it's over. I'm getting wasted on Friday night!
AndyMilonakis said:Well...time for me to pack...last interview then it's over. I'm getting wasted on Friday night!
No grasshopper. You must study for step II on friday night.
Actually, you should try studying for step II during your interview.
that would be amusing. Excuse me, could you repeat the question?
B
b&ierstiefel
Enjoy the snow yaahyaah said:No grasshopper. You must study for step II on friday night.
Actually, you should try studying for step II during your interview.that would be amusing. Excuse me, could you repeat the question?

I'll probably get my learn-on during my long flight.
Got home and it is February. All done. None to go.
I feel (temporarily at least) like I never want to be on a plane again!
One day you're walking in the city of your dreams, the next you're a lowly clinical clerk.
Damned parallel universes.
I feel (temporarily at least) like I never want to be on a plane again!
One day you're walking in the city of your dreams, the next you're a lowly clinical clerk.
Damned parallel universes.
B
b&ierstiefel
Congrats! Now you can have a beer 😀deschutes said:Got home and it is February. All done. None to go.
I feel (temporarily at least) like I never want to be on a plane again!
doesn't this belong in the anti-clinical med thread?deschutes said:One day you're walking in the city of your dreams, the next you're a lowly clinical clerk.
Damned parallel universes.
No I don't want a beer.AndyMilonakis said:Congrats! Now you can have a beer 😀
Yes my nose is out of joint.
Parallel universes go wherever they darned well please!AndyMilonakis said:doesn't this belong in the anti-clinical med thread?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:Huh? What?AndyMilonakis said:Congrats! Now you can have a beer 😀
No I don't want a beer.
Yes my nose is out of joint.
Parallel universes go wherever they darned well please!
Another potential mini-SDN meet tonight. If yaah wussies out tonight, I give you full permission to smack him.
to which I say, "Huh? What?"AndyMilonakis said:Another potential mini-SDN meet tonight. If yaah wussies out tonight, I give you full permission to smack him.
B
b&ierstiefel
i'm sorry i'm getting my AIM and SDN confused. my bad.deschutes said:to which I say, "Huh? What?"
AndyMilonakis said:deschutes said:Huh? What?
Another potential mini-SDN meet tonight. If yaah wussies out tonight, I give you full permission to smack him.
I will have the rest of you know that I went without a urination break yesterday from 6:30 am until 9:30 pm.
I am not a wussie.
B
b&ierstiefel
yaah said:This is true! Although at the mini-SDN meet 2 weeks ago, yaah was like, "i have urge incontinence...gotta go gotta go gotta go go go".AndyMilonakis said:I will have the rest of you know that I went without a urination break yesterday from 6:30 am until 9:30 pm.
I am not a wussie.
AndyMilonakis said:yaah said:This is true! Although at the mini-SDN meet 2 weeks ago, yaah was like, "i have urge incontinence...gotta go gotta go gotta go go go".
I think my above story trumps this one.
B
b&ierstiefel
yaah said:i think you missed one very important detail about yesterday though.AndyMilonakis said:I think my above story trumps this one.
you failed to mention the Depends pads you were wearing at the VA yesterday.
AndyMilonakis said:yaah said:i think you missed one very important detail about yesterday though.
you failed to mention the Depends pads you were wearing at the VA yesterday.
I did get decal on my arm again and my dermatitis is back. 😳
B
b&ierstiefel
yaah said:i got bursitis today from running a gel.AndyMilonakis said:I did get decal on my arm again and my dermatitis is back. 😳
I can put Foleys in and give steroid shots.
B
b&ierstiefel
nice! maybe you should do an intern year since you seem to like that kind of stuff.deschutes said:I can put Foleys in and give steroid shots.
I'm coming at you with a 14-gauge needle and no previous experience.
B
b&ierstiefel
deschutes said:I'm coming at you with a 14-gauge needle and no previous experience.

i shall defend myself with a bo staff.
deschutes said:I'm coming at you with a 14-gauge needle and no previous experience.
I love the expression on patients' faces when they realize the person going to draw blood from them or do something else is a rookie at it.

B
b&ierstiefel
that's why you don't tell the patients that you're a rookie at it.yaah said:I love the expression on patients' faces when they realize the person going to draw blood from them or do something else is a rookie at it.![]()
"doctor, how many times have you done this?"
"actually i'm a med student."
"med student, how many times?"
"i lost count several months ago"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's more fun if you start shaking when you try to do it. Then look at their expression.
I've done this plenty of times...whoops.
I've done this plenty of times...whoops.
isn't that why some gang tried to recruit you? or was it your numbchuck skilz?AndyMilonakis said:
i shall defend myself with a bo staff.
B
b&ierstiefel
nah...you're right. it was because i was good with the bo staff.DrYo12 said:isn't that why some gang tried to recruit you? or was it your numbchuck skilz?
do the chickens have large talons?
*giggles*AndyMilonakis said:nah...you're right. it was because i was good with the bo staff.
do the chickens have large talons?
What are those? Sleeves. Oh. I like your sleeves.
B
b&ierstiefel
I like your sleeves. They're real big.DrYo12 said:*giggles*
What are those? Sleeves. Oh. I like your sleeves.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 1K