pass/no pass classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

luckycloud5

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone,

I'm currently taking a genetics class that is for my major, but it's not a prepharmacy req. and I'm not doing so well. 🙁

Would taking it pass/no pass be looked down upon? Or would I have to take it for a grade b/c it is part of my science gpa?

advice?

Thanks.
 
it it's one or two times, it will not have an effect at all .... drop it ... i've dropped a few classes and they did not mention anything during the interview ... they had my transcripts right in front of them.. in fact, i said that physical chem was my least favorite class and they just chuckled and agreed that it was not a pleasant experience .. if it is constant though, like 20 times .. then i'm pretty sure that you'll get questioned on it. .. we're human we make mistakes once in a while and the adcoms understand that, they've been in your position before

luckycloud5 said:
hi everyone,

I'm currently taking a genetics class that is for my major, but it's not a prepharmacy req. and I'm not doing so well. 🙁

Would taking it pass/no pass be looked down upon? Or would I have to take it for a grade b/c it is part of my science gpa?

advice?

Thanks.
 
lol,im in the same position, except I can't pass/fail classes for my major