1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Passed BCSE/ CPE doubts

Discussion in 'Veterinary' started by asonvet, Nov 23, 2018.

1. asonvet

Veterinarian
    Hi everyone, first of all I would like to let everyone know that the ECFVG process is hard but everything is doable if you put your mind to it, I am married with 2 kids and having a 3rd one, work 2 jobs and studied 1-2 months for the BCSE and I passed it, I am not saying its easy but it is something that can be done, zuku review is an amazing tool.
    I have a question for those of you that have applied for the CPE, I am trying to see the dates that the test is available on (Kind of like Prometric web site for the BCSE) before I pay the expensive fee, but I cant seem to find it anywhere, is it that I need to pay first and then it will give me dates? Please if anyone can help me with that I'd appreciated it.

Ritchie likes this.
  2. Ritchie

Veterinarian
    Congrats for passing the exam despite all the distractions (family and work)! Best of wishes for the next steps

3. ZafiroVetMed

Hi, did you figure it out? When is your CPE exam?

4. OP
    OP
    asonvet

Veterinarian
    Hey there, I figured that my college verification is still pendindg because my school has not replied to AVMA, so finally I was able to get in touch with my school coordinators and after several months they sent the fax to AVMA, anyways, that was the reason I could not look at dates or anything. So once the status changes from pending to approved then I will be able to see dates and apply for CPE, my NAVLE is in April so at least I have something to do in the mean time.

Ritchie likes this.
  5. chilaquil

7+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Hey so I was wondering what books where you focusing on?? I’m planning on taking the bcse by summer I’ll also be using Zuku since everyone is recommending it. Good luck with navle!!

6. OP
    OP
    asonvet

Veterinarian
    I honestly used books very few times only to consult something or compare something from the internet, I studied pretty much with zuku review practice questions, zuku gives you very good brief explanations and links to merk manual and other sites for further studying and or images. The other feature that I liked about zuku was the audios, I would listen to them while driving and the way I see it, If I could remember a few things from the lecture that was good enough since I do a lot of driving and could only study at nights. So to sum it up, I used zuku and the questions I got wrong or I was not very familiar with I would write them in a note book with a quick answer and explanation, It personally helps me to write thing down in my own words. Good luck.