Passed BCSE/ CPE doubts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asonvet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, first of all I would like to let everyone know that the ECFVG process is hard but everything is doable if you put your mind to it, I am married with 2 kids and having a 3rd one, work 2 jobs and studied 1-2 months for the BCSE and I passed it, I am not saying its easy but it is something that can be done, zuku review is an amazing tool.
I have a question for those of you that have applied for the CPE, I am trying to see the dates that the test is available on (Kind of like Prometric web site for the BCSE) before I pay the expensive fee, but I cant seem to find it anywhere, is it that I need to pay first and then it will give me dates? Please if anyone can help me with that I'd appreciated it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, first of all I would like to let everyone know that the ECFVG process is hard but everything is doable if you put your mind to it, I am married with 2 kids and having a 3rd one, work 2 jobs and studied 1-2 months for the BCSE and I passed it, I am not saying its easy but it is something that can be done, zuku review is an amazing tool.
I have a question for those of you that have applied for the CPE, I am trying to see the dates that the test is available on (Kind of like Prometric web site for the BCSE) before I pay the expensive fee, but I cant seem to find it anywhere, is it that I need to pay first and then it will give me dates? Please if anyone can help me with that I'd appreciated it.

Congrats for passing the exam despite all the distractions (family and work)! Best of wishes for the next steps

Hi, did you figure it out? When is your CPE exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, did you figure it out? When is your CPE exam?
Hey there, I figured that my college verification is still pendindg because my school has not replied to AVMA, so finally I was able to get in touch with my school coordinators and after several months they sent the fax to AVMA, anyways, that was the reason I could not look at dates or anything. So once the status changes from pending to approved then I will be able to see dates and apply for CPE, my NAVLE is in April so at least I have something to do in the mean time.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey so I was wondering what books where you focusing on?? I’m planning on taking the bcse by summer I’ll also be using Zuku since everyone is recommending it. Good luck with navle!!

Hey so I was wondering what books where you focusing on?? I’m planning on taking the bcse by summer I’ll also be using Zuku since everyone is recommending it. Good luck with navle!!
I honestly used books very few times only to consult something or compare something from the internet, I studied pretty much with zuku review practice questions, zuku gives you very good brief explanations and links to merk manual and other sites for further studying and or images. The other feature that I liked about zuku was the audios, I would listen to them while driving and the way I see it, If I could remember a few things from the lecture that was good enough since I do a lot of driving and could only study at nights. So to sum it up, I used zuku and the questions I got wrong or I was not very familiar with I would write them in a note book with a quick answer and explanation, It personally helps me to write thing down in my own words. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, i am planing to take the CPE in september in Las Vagas, so much to study!!! I am working in a small animal practice so i can practice the small animal stuff but not too sure what to do for the large animal stuff. How about you all, what's your study plan? How long are you thinking you will study for each section of the CPE?

I honestly just used zuku review and merk for BCSE exam and passed it first time, on NAVLE however I had a harder time because my workload hot crazy as well as my personal life, I was only studying for 1-2 hours 3-4 times a week unfortunately I could not study as much as I should have and missed NAVLE by 1 POINT! I was devastated to see that I failed by 1 point only, but well, thats not stopping me and I will pass it on the next one, the hard thing is I cant stop working because bills need to get paid you know, but well, I must figure a way to do it. Good luck on BCSE Im sure youll do great.

Hi all, i am planing to take the CPE in september in Las Vagas, so much to study!!! I am working in a small animal practice so i can practice the small animal stuff but not too sure what to do for the large animal stuff. How about you all, what's your study plan? How long are you thinking you will study for each section of the CPE?
I honestly dont have a great plan yet and Im taking mine in October In vegas too. I am also working at a small animal clinic and feel pretty confident with surgery, anesthesia and small animal clinic, I also do equine work on my own at my home country so I feel ok as far as the "Hands on" stuff goes (except bovine and other food animal)but my worry is all the questions theyll ask and mainly I wonder how "flexible" they are when judging our answers. How long have you been preparing for? The one thing I do want to memorize is the steps to do each procedure based on books from the USA for example thoracocentesis, abdominocentesis etc.