Passed..finally!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amrmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After taking it the 2nd time around...I am happy to have passed step 3 finally. I didnt ace it...188/76 ; almost didnt but did..but who cares...Im not after the scores anyway. I JUST WANT TO PASS

"Trust in Him with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding!"

Thanks everyone!

Good luck to those who will still take the test.

Members don't see this ad.

I used usmle world only. It is much harder than the test itself. I believe I got 55-56% correct . Repeated the mleworld (mistakes) . Studied for a month . Was already doing residency

Dont forget to study the Step 3 CD

My CCS cases were the ones that bumped my grades to passing. I had a higher performance rating there.

My cases were
1. Bacterial cystitis in female
2. Acute Thrombocytopenia purpura
3. urethritis in male
4. Eclampsia
5. Severe teenage obesity
6. Abdominal aortic aneurysm
7. Transient ischemic attack
8. Osteoarthritis
9. Child abuse

Thanks for the info. I passed my exam awhile ago but I'm trying to help a friend who has struggled with exam. I'll pass this info on to her.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats first of all!!!! :)
If you dont mind me asking what did you do differently the 2nd time that helped you pass the exam? I am not good at standardized tests...so just wondering how I can prepare efficiently.

Thanks

Congrats first of all!!!! :)
If you dont mind me asking what did you do differently the 2nd time that helped you pass the exam? I am not good at standardized tests...so just wondering how I can prepare efficiently.

Thanks

Probably what I did different was that I made sure that I focused on reading and understanding the most common diagnoses rather than dwell on all of them. Because the truth of the matter is "ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW EVERYTHING" . I made sure also that I study my weak areas. Studied them intensely near my test period.

I used MLE world before but this time around, what I did was study it system by system by tutorial mode. In that way I just analyze one system at a time. Afterwards, repeated those mistakes I had randomly. For me that way of studying worked well. Studied for a month.

:oops::soexcited::soexcited::claps:
i am so very very very very very HAPPY for you! congratulations!
so when's the party?:oops:

thanks everyone!

Goodbye USMLE forever! To those who will be reading this thread...I am very much true and human...I cannot and do not brag of any whopping scores. Most of you can relate with what I went through...I am norm...I am median.

Good luck to all of us!

amrmd