Passed NJ MPJE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmadiazepine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I passed NJ MPJE! Finally!

Sources:
Pharmacy Law from Rutgers College of Pharmacy by Angelo Cifaldi
Pharmacy Exam NJ MPJE downloadable CD from www.pharmacyexam.com

Time spent on studying for exam: 7 days

Results: Passed with a 90!

I attended the CVS review session which had Cifaldi talk to us and highlight what to study from his packet for the MPJE exam. He got half way through his packet, and time was almost up, so he jumped alot towards the end. I recommend recording the lecture (I did) and going over it when you get home. It's super quick to do, and you won't question things as much because you'll always have the right answer in front of you.

I got the NJ MPJE review from www.pharmacyexam.com from a friend and went over all 150 questions on it. It was great because it made you learn the law, and some questions repeated on my MPJE exam. It's highly recommended. It's $50. Have like 10 people invest in it and split the cost $5 each. Best $5 you spent for your exam preparation.

Regarding the exam: It was TOUGH as HELL.. I wanted to die after the exam. The questions come from the air. You can't find answers to a lot of the questions in the statutes or regulations of NJ because I don't even think statutes or regulations even exist for some of these questions. Like everyone says, the exam is very TRICKY and you have to carefully read each question and each answer choice (I wish I paid more attention to this because I finished my exam in 40 minutes with 110 minutes left and was like uh oh..). The key to the exam is to 1) KNOW the laws in Cifaldi packet and in Pharmacy Exam CD because you will have many straight forward questions and questions that you will only know answers to if you read and do both and 2) pick the most logical, simple answer because the exam will try to trick you by throwing in big words or big organizations or groups, but if you pick a logical choice which is reasonable, you will get credit for it.

10% of exam is Federal law. 90% of exam is NJ State law. Make sure you know everything in and out about controlled substances because a bulk of your questions will come on it.

I bought Pronto Pass because I was freaking out about my exam. Spent $130 on it. Regret every cent spent on it. DO NOT BUY PRONTO PASS FOR NJ MPJE. It does not address what will be on NEW JERSEY exam. It is a complete waste of money. It focused TOO MUCH on federal law (complete waste for people taking NJ MPJE) and barely touched upon NJ law. It's a piece of garbage and I cannot recommend Pronto Pass for anyone taking MPJE in NJ. Please don't waste your money on it.

If you have any questions or need any help, let me know. If you want the recording of Cifaldi, let me know (although it does not help unless you have his book, which you can purchase via Rutgers bookstore or e-mail him. Here's what he looks like and a place he works for after a quick google search: http://www.wilentzpersonalinjurylawyers.com/nj_lawyer_attorney/john_cifaldi.html.

Good luck to anyone else taking NJ law!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ads should be placed in the classifieds section. Feel free to discuss study styles and materials, but if you'd like to buy, sell, or trade materials please post in the appropriate forum.

Hi!

I graduated from Rutgers Pharmacy School last year (2010), but just this year I'm having the chance to take the NAPLEX and MPJE. I took the NAPLEX last week and passed! But now I have to take the MPJE, and don't know where to study from. I still have Cifaldi's book, but I'm scared it is now outdated, since I heard some of the laws have changed. The packet you are talking about, is it Cifaldi's book or a new packet given to students who participated in the CVS review?
Thanks!

cifaldi's packet.. spring 2011 version .. if you have his whole book, its simply section 1 of the book.. tthe packet i have is 2011 and i think it includes a lot of the new laws that weren't in 2010, and in mpje they did ask a lot of stuff about immunizations

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have cifeldi's spring book 2011 and It is helpful at passing nj mpje because it is right to the point. I feel that Dr. cifeldi's book 2011 is much better than his previous books. they are more organized than before. MPJE is not hard just need to study harder on who can prescribe what, labeling, control drugs in hospital vs retail, and adulteration. just remember if u fail 3 time u need to take some classes and it is in the nj law book. good luck:luck::xf:

Hello everyone:

I'm taking MPJE-NY soon and I wanted to know how I can get my hands on that Pharmacy Law from Rutgers College of Pharmacy by Angelo Cifaldi Review (2011). I'm a Nova Southeastern Univ. graduate from Miami and I'm taking the exam now in November. I looked all over the internet and didn't find anything.

Can someone direct me to the quick and easy way to study for this exam???

THANKS!

Adri~ :confused:

Is there any way to get a copy of that review if you didn't go to RUTGERS?

I'm from Miami and I'm taking the MPJE-NY soon. I need guidance on how to study...
Any suggestions???...

would you please send me the recording for cefaldi,
my email [email protected]
I`m taking the exam this saturday,
are there any calculations in the exam

Thanks alot I appreciate your answer

Hi!
Thank you for sharing your experience.I just cleared my naplex and was able to get cifaldi's law book for spring 2011 and was hoping you could send me the recording for the lecture you atended. It would be very helpful:)

I am scheduled to take the test on April 3 - have purchased the Rx Law on CD but beed the Cidali Lecture. Do you still have it and do you have the notes that I can purchase fromn you? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! Your insight was very helpful! Would you mind posting his lecture again? And I previously saw someone ask you if your notes are up for purchase? If so, im interested! Thanks.

Can anyone please share tips/advice on what to focus on for NJ MPJE besides controlled substances? Thank you for all your help in advance!

Can anyone please share tips/advice on what to focus on for NJ MPJE besides controlled substances? Thank you for all your help in advance!

I am sort of clueless myself as to whether I am studying the right things. I called the NJ BOP and asked about it, told the person on the phone that I was studyig the laws, regulations, and controlled substance laws, all from their website, and asked if there was anything else they recommend studying and they didn't have any other suggestions.

Please I need your help Iam taking mpje Nj and I am looking for Cifaldi book and lecture and Kaplan for nj mpje please help for god sake Iam dying for these staff

Please for god sake I really need the lectures of Cifaldi and the book I can buy it please help

Hello farmadiazepine I moved to NJ from CA. I have no clue how to prepare for NJ MPJE. I was wondering if you can please sell me your 150 questions and the Cifaldi book and pose the recording again or can you please send it to my email [email protected] I would really appreciate if you could please help me out. I will wait for your reply. Thanks for your input regarding your experience on the exam.

Hello farmadiazepine I moved to NJ from CA. I have no clue how to prepare for NJ MPJE. I was wondering if you can please sell me your 150 questions and the Cifaldi book and pose the recording again or can you please send it to my email [email protected] I would really appreciate if you could please help me out. I will wait for your reply. Thanks for your input regarding your experience on the exam.

Hi Shenazshaik, Can we both share the price for cifaldi recording if it is view by price and also for 150 questions

Hi Shenazshaik, Can we both share the price for cifaldi recording if it is view by price and also for 150 questions
sure I dont mind sharing....Please email me your details I will call you or u can call me.

farmadiazepine can you please post the Cfaldis recording again. I would really appreciate your help.

HI Snt did you take your exam already. If so can you please share your material with me. I can pay. If you could please share your material i would really appreciate. my email address is [email protected]

Hi Farmadiazepine!
I was wondering if you still have the recording from law class. If you do, would you mind emaling it to [email protected]? I just bought the book so it will be a great help for me. I can pay you. Thanks so much!

Hello JoyPharm this if you were to find the recording could you pls email it. I have been looking it for a long time. I would really appreciate if you could pls forward it to [email protected]

Has anyone tried Strauss's NJ- MPJE book? I am studying from it and i find it very confusing. Any tips on that would be helpful please!!

I have been requesting for Cifaldis lecture recording. Could someone pls post or send me the Cifaldis lecture. I would really really appreciate it......I need it. I m trying to take it before my delivery....

Hello this is Shenaaz Shaik is anyone interested in sharing the cost for the NJ MPJE sample question CD ROM.

I will be taking it in couple weeks. I would really appreciate you help. Please let me know how you want to do it.

Hello Pharm987 this is Shenaaz again. Can you pls email me or can reply back to my post about how you want to do it. I am getting a little nervous because my delivery due date is approaching and I want to take the exam before that. I would really appreciate your help.

Hello Pharm987 this is Shenaaz Shaik. Can you pls let me know how you want to do the recording and questions. I really really need. I would really appreciate your help.

Hello Pharm987 this is Shenaaz Shaik again. Can you pls let me know how you want to do the CD and questions. I would really appreciate your reply. Thank you

Can someone pls post the recording for Cifaldis recording. I would really really appreciate it.

Sorry extremely sorry I know u must be feeling very frustrated but I was busy with some family issue , I love to help u guys just let me ur email addresses and I will be sending u guys lecture n cd questions and I have prontopass federal n NJ sheets as well . Let me know how much u guys can pay?? Once again sorry.

sorry to hear that. i hope everything is fine with you. i have one more person that wants to share so i will that person. pls let me know how u r expecting. my email address is [email protected] once again thank u for replying back.

Did anyone study from the NJ board website for MPJE. I need suggestions pls. My exam date is approaching. I need help pls.

Hi, how was the exam?
I am studying now for it, any hint for me? I need help, i dont know what study materila to use, I am just reading off the website.

Passed NJ MPJE. I was so scared about it because i am from California and i have no idea about the law here. After I came out from the exam thought I had failed the exam but got 82 on the exam. I had so many random questions which were not in Cifaldis or any where else. Its basically your best judgment. I am so glad that I passed. Studied for about 2 weeks. I guess I studied the right material.

Cifaldis book
NJ board website
Pharmacists DEA manual for control substances
Bought NJ law questions
Revised it couple of times

If any one interested in buying the material email me at [email protected]

Passed NJ MPJE. I was so scared about it because i am from California and i have no idea about the law here. After I came out from the exam thought I had failed the exam but got 82 on the exam. I had so many random questions which were not in Cifaldis or any where else. Its basically your best judgment. I am so glad that I passed. Studied for about 2 weeks. I guess I studied the right material.

Cifaldis book
NJ board website
Pharmacists DEA manual for control substances
Bought NJ law questions
Revised it couple of times

If any one interested in buying the material email me at [email protected]

Hi
I have taken one time and got 74¡ congratulations to you, do u want to sale yr NJ law question and cifaldi book? Pls help me as I don't know wat to do?

passed my nj mpje with a 81 so happy.i used flash cards for nj mpje which can be down loaded for free from the site free questions for nj mpje and also did a overview of nj laws and regulations and control substance regulation but i think the nj mpje flash cards is enough.good luck.

Reactions: 1 user