Passed PA MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheilam578

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to help anyone out there taking the PA MPJE.
Took the test on monday and they posted my results today, got an 84!!!!
I studied from mpje made easy and these flash cards that are a good summary:
http://quizlet.com/72814711/pa-mpje-pa-law-flash-cards/
I studied the PA pharmacy act and Title 49 Chapter 21.
I reviewed the FDA and DEA flashcards from that quizlet site.
Just like others experienced, when I came out I felt like it could have gone either way because most of the time you can discard 3 answers but then those two remaining answers make you really think. The exam is 2 hours but I finished it in one hour so I was thinking I failed for sure.
Anyways just review, read and relax and if anyone out there has any questions, feel free to let me know!
Take care and good luck to all in their pharmacy endeavors! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone!
Just like others experienced, when I came out I felt like it could have gone either way because most of the time you can discard 3 answers but then those two remaining answers make you really think. The exam is 2 hours but I finished it in one hour so I was thinking I failed for sure.
Anyways just review, read and relax and if anyone out there has any questions, feel free to let me know!

Congratulations!!! and thanks for shring your tips.

I took the PA MPJE last week. I honestly thought that I failed miserably, but I got my score yesterday and scored 95!!!

I studied from MPJE Made Easy by Jerry Musheno and from the MPJE Simplified book. I read each of these twice and took the exam. I think either one of these would have been sufficient alone since together they were quite pricey ($75 and $85 respectively) and since Pennsylvania laws are easily accessible online. Each of these study materials offered helpful tips that they thought would show up on the test.

I would recommend using one of these resources and reading online the following: Chapter 27 of the Pennsylvania Code (http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/049/chapter27/chap27toc.html), the Pennsylvania pharmacy act, the Controlled Substance, Drug, Device, and Cosmetic Act. I did not study much for federal law since it was only 3% of the test and I think that was pretty accurate since I don't remember a plethora of federal law questions (like FDCA and its amendments, FDAMA, HIPAA, etc). Controlled substances were a big focus in the study guides and I would recommend knowing those laws well.

The main thing is just to remain calm and choose the most reasonable answer. As I was taking the exam and feeling like I knew NOTHING, I was obviously doing pretty well... Good Luck Everyone and let me know if you have any questions about the specific study materials I used.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!

I have been studying from David Heckman's PA Law Simplified, as well as reviewing the quizlet cards. I also read over the Pharmacy Act and Title 49. I did not purchase MPJE Made Easy (study guide) because of the cost, and because I had already purchased Heckman's book. So I decided to try out MPJE Made Easy practice test - the questions were completely different than I expected - about 90% were "check all that apply" type... and some seemed to come out of nowhere - did NOT do well on it. Now I am wondering if what I've studied so far is even adequate. Do you think after taking the test that what I've looked over is enough? Or does the MPJE Made Easy guide contain info I need? THanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

HELLO,

Question... I am about to purchase MPJE Made Easy as suggested, however I am confused on which one to purchase. There is the PA Pharmacy Law Prepatory Exam and then there's PA Pharmacy Online Manual. Which one?

I took the PA MPJE last week. I honestly thought that I failed miserably, but I got my score yesterday and scored 95!!!

I studied from MPJE Made Easy by Jerry Musheno and from the MPJE Simplified book. I read each of these twice and took the exam. I think either one of these would have been sufficient alone since together they were quite pricey ($75 and $85 respectively) and since Pennsylvania laws are easily accessible online. Each of these study materials offered helpful tips that they thought would show up on the test.

I would recommend using one of these resources and reading online the following: Chapter 27 of the Pennsylvania Code (http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/049/chapter27/chap27toc.html), the Pennsylvania pharmacy act, the Controlled Substance, Drug, Device, and Cosmetic Act. I did not study much for federal law since it was only 3% of the test and I think that was pretty accurate since I don't remember a plethora of federal law questions (like FDCA and its amendments, FDAMA, HIPAA, etc). Controlled substances were a big focus in the study guides and I would recommend knowing those laws well.

The main thing is just to remain calm and choose the most reasonable answer. As I was taking the exam and feeling like I knew NOTHING, I was obviously doing pretty well... Good Luck Everyone and let me know if you have any questions about the specific study materials I used.

HELLO,

Question... I am about to purchase MPJE Made Easy as suggested, however I am confused on which one to purchase. There is the PA Pharmacy Law Prepatory Exam and then there's PA Pharmacy Online Manual. Which one?

I have been studying from David Heckman's PA Law Simplified, as well as reviewing the quizlet cards. I also read over the Pharmacy Act and Title 49. I did not purchase MPJE Made Easy (study guide) because of the cost, and because I had already purchased Heckman's book. So I decided to try out MPJE Made Easy practice test - the questions were completely different than I expected - about 90% were "check all that apply" type... and some seemed to come out of nowhere - did NOT do well on it. Now I am wondering if what I've studied so far is even adequate. Do you think after taking the test that what I've looked over is enough? Or does the MPJE Made Easy guide contain info I need? THanks!

Did you pass with utilizing those study materials? Did you find MPJE Made Easy Practice Exam helpful??