passed step 1, below average student ask me anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

razza1

Reaction score
got my score in today
wasn't the above and beyond score like 230+, 240 + or, even 250+
but i passed 205+
i'm proud of myself and if you have any questions about preparation let me know.
I've always been the below average student and passing Step 1 was a big deal for me.

UWSA1 228
UWSA 2 224
CBSE NBME offered by medical school (210)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
got my score in today
wasn't the above and beyond score like 240 or 250+
but i passed 205+
i'm proud of myself and if you have any questions about preparation let me know.
I've always been the below average student
congratulations on passing.
Please are you an IMG, how long did you study for and what was your method. Thank you.

got my score in today
wasn't the above and beyond score like 240 or 250+
but i passed 205+
I've always been the below average student

Yes please share your resources used and what you thought of the test? Anything you wish you would have done differently or should have done? THank you and congrats on being done!!

got my score in today
wasn't the above and beyond score like 230+, 240 + or, even 250+
but i passed 205+
I've always been the below average student and passing Step 1 was a big deal for me.

UWSA1 228
UWSA 2 224
CBSE NBME offered by medical school (210)

Finally some real deal below average student who passed step 1! Got tired of those gunner 260+ duds who create tons of threads with same topic name - they have 240+ before dedicated (like in January lol) and think that they did something exceptional and want to share their secret knowledge lmao. When in reality they only barely improved from their pre-dedicated baseline and 99% of their success is attributed to their hard work DURING ms1 and ms2 years. Exactly why their knowledge has next to nothing to do with successful dedicated prep for majority that struggles.

Unlike them, you sir are a real (and rare on sdn) example when your knowledge and resources you've used are golden! Please share with us your baselines, timeline and progress please!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally some real deal below average student who passed step 1! Got tired of those gunner 260+ duds who create tons of threads with same topic name - they have 240+ before dedicated (like in January lol) and think that they did something exceptional and want to share their secret knowledge lmao. When in reality they only barely improved from their pre-dedicated baseline and 99% of their success is attributed to their hard work DURING ms1 and ms2 years. Exactly why their knowledge has next to nothing to do with successful dedicated prep for majority that struggles.

Unlike them, you sir are a real (and rare on sdn) example when your knowledge and resources you've used are golden! Please share with us your baselines, timeline and progress please!

If somebody is 240 prior to dedicated it means they did something right. Plenty of people on here come in asking at start of M2 what they should do and those that answer are not wrong in doing so.
Also...... you know it gets hard to improve after a certain point right ?

Lol

If somebody is 240 prior to dedicated it means they did something right. Plenty of people on here come in asking at start of M2 what they should do and those that answer are not wrong in doing so.
Also...... you know it gets hard to improve after a certain point right ?

Lol
Did something right?! I think I already answered what they did - they worked their ass off during MS1-2. And those who come to ask about improving beyond 240-260 - have plenty of such threads, no one is saying they are wrong in doing so, I'm saying there's too much of them vs not enough of threads like this.

I think you missed the point. It's not about improving after 240+ like many other threads we have. This one is for those who struggles to even get to 210! You are arguing about moot point.