PASSED TX MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zenmode13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to post my thoughts regarding the TX MPJE. I just found out today that I passed and relieved that all I have left is my NAPLEX. Background - I want to say that I am an average student in pharmacy school. I had to study twice as much to get a good grade. You can say I had to work very hard to compete with some of my amazing classmates.

This was what I used to study for the MPJE:
1) Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law, 8th Ed. (Reiss, Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law) and
2) Pass the Texas Pharmacy Law Exam by Sarah Fichuk.

I gave myself two weeks before the exam to study and of the 14 days I really only studied 10 days. I read through Fichuk's book twice and went through the questions in the back twice and I read the Federal Pharmacy Law once and answered all the questions that accompanied the book. I studied about two to three hours a day during those two weeks and ended up with a score of 80. I know that 80 is not a great score, but it is passing score. Two to three hours might not seem like a lot of time, but I was mentally drained because of NAPLEX and having to reschedule the NAPLEX after my law exam because of my name not being correct. I still had NAPLEX on my mind while studying for this exam and I couldn't push myself pass three hours of studying.

My thoughts regarding how I studied. I felt that Fichuk's book by itself was not sufficient to pass the exam, however, it gave a great breakdown of what was important regarding the laws. After reading Fichuk, I read the Guide to Pharmacy Law to help with the distinctions between the Federal and Texas Laws. I am not going to lie, I felt indifferent about exam - I didn't know if I passed or failed. However, I came in with a mindset of 'what would a pharmacist do' (WWPD) and I believe that was what helped me pass.

I felt that I could have gotten a better score had I studied The Texas and Federal Pharmacy by Cacciatore along with the other two references mentioned above. Fichuk helped with emphasizing the important points, while the Federal Law book helped with the distinctions. Many of my friends told me about Cacciatore and I didn't get a hold of the book until after the exam. I did read through it and felt that Cacciatore was nice because it was a mixture of both the Fichuk and Federal references.

If I had to do it over (which I would not), I would (1) read through the Fichuk book twice or thrice and answer all the questions. (2) I would follow up with the Federal Pharmacy Law once over with questions and (3) I would finish up with the Cacciatore reference once over with questions. You might be able to get away with just the Fichuk and Cacciatore and still do fine.

So being a guy who believes that the glass is always half full and who was mentally tired from studying like crazy for the NAPLEX to only have it rescheduled - I feel like you can still pass with the two references mentioned above along with the WWPD attitude.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to respond with questions and I will try my best to answer your questions.

Good luck and best regards,
zenmode13

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for such great fine tips.I have been asking people about since a while. Congrats !!!!

Thank you for your feedback. How long did it take to get your score back? I took it today and only used Fichuk's book to study from and I don't feel like I did very well on the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are 90 questions and they are all weighted differently. So I don't know how many you would need to answer correctly to pass.

Reactions: 1 user
http://www.pharmacyexam.com/index.cfm/category/71/texas.cfm

Did anyone use this practice cd how similar are question to real test.I just read sample questions on their website they look impressive.Please shed some light on this CD.
Thanks.
I had the same question.... if anybody can help us on this please. For the price, it's not as bad as it seems but is it helpful in the end? I had 7 days between NAPLEX and MPJE and now only 4 days left. A little worried because the info is more detailed than expected from what I have heard.

I only used the Fichuk book so I can't comment on the CD....the book I had was not enough in my opinion...the test just had weird, oddball questions. I hope my score posts tomorrow but I didn't feel good walking out of the testing center. Good luck to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Book says (PASS TEXAS LAW by Fichuk) How many times you can retake MPJE as 2 times.But Nabp website says 5 times.Which one to go with.Q 19 of page 383 Fichuk book.Please anyone can you answer this.

You would g
Book says (PASS TEXAS LAW by Fichuk) How many times you can retake MPJE as 2 times.But Nabp website says 5 times.Which one to go with.Q 19 of page 383 Fichuk book.Please anyone can you answer this.

You would go with the stricter law, therefore, you can only take the exam twice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't use it so I can't help. My friend just used the Fichuk and passed today. She studied for two weeks.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post my thoughts regarding the TX MPJE. I just found out today that I passed and relieved that all I have left is my NAPLEX. Background - I want to say that I am an average student in pharmacy school. I had to study twice as much to get a good grade. You can say I had to work very hard to compete with some of my amazing classmates.

1) Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law, 8th Ed. (Reiss, Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law) and

I gave myself two weeks before the exam to study and of the 14 days I really only studied 10 days. I read through Fichuk's book twice and went through the questions in the back twice and I read the Federal Pharmacy Law once and answered all the questions that accompanied the book. I studied about two to three hours a day during those two weeks and ended up with a score of 80. I know that 80 is not a great score, but it is passing score. Two to three hours might not seem like a lot of time, but I was mentally drained because of NAPLEX and having to reschedule the NAPLEX after my law exam because of my name not being correct. I still had NAPLEX on my mind while studying for this exam and I couldn't push myself pass three hours of studying.

My thoughts regarding how I studied. I felt that Fichuk's book by itself was not sufficient to pass the exam, however, it gave a great breakdown of what was important regarding the laws. After reading Fichuk, I read the Guide to Pharmacy Law to help with the distinctions between the Federal and Texas Laws. I am not going to lie, I felt indifferent about exam - I didn't know if I passed or failed. However, I came in with a mindset of 'what would a pharmacist do' (WWPD) and I believe that was what helped me pass.

I felt that I could have gotten a better score had I studied The Texas and Federal Pharmacy by Cacciatore along with the other two references mentioned above. Fichuk helped with emphasizing the important points, while the Federal Law book helped with the distinctions. Many of my friends told me about Cacciatore and I didn't get a hold of the book until after the exam. I did read through it and felt that Cacciatore was nice because it was a mixture of both the Fichuk and Federal references.

If I had to do it over (which I would not), I would (1) read through the Fichuk book twice or thrice and answer all the questions. (2) I would follow up with the Federal Pharmacy Law once over with questions and (3) I would finish up with the Cacciatore reference once over with questions. You might be able to get away with just the Fichuk and Cacciatore and still do fine.

So being a guy who believes that the glass is always half full and who was mentally tired from studying like crazy for the NAPLEX to only have it rescheduled - I feel like you can still pass with the two references mentioned above along with the WWPD attitude.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to respond with questions and I will try my best to answer your questions.

zenmode13

How long did it take for the score to show up?

I just took my Naplex today for TX, does anyone and know how long it would take to post and what we need to do to get registered?

The Guide to Texas and Federal Pharmacy and Drug Law
By Gary Caccitore

Anyone selling this book.

Hi everyone,

zenmode13
Thanks for share!

Hi everyone,

zenmode13

Thank you for sharing. I was wondering where can I get a copy of the
Texas MPJE Gary Cacciatore Kaplan Review Guide ? Thank you for your help.

In your opinion, do you think Texas is one of those states whose state law closely follows Federal Law? Or is that not the case and they're vastly different?
They pretty much follow Federal Law, but there are nuances that you should know.

They pretty much follow Federal Law, but there are nuances that you should know.

Thanks for your replies, zenmode13. Just curious, did you go to pharmacy school in Texas or an out-of-state school?

Hi Guys Can you help me with this,What happens if your PIC's knows your fellow Staff pharmacist license was expired but still PIC made him to continue to work in the store?What are the disciplinary actions which would be taken on PIC.