Passing score for COMLEX level 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amyblue35

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what percentage of the questions on the COMLEX equate to the passing score of 400? I'm trying to get some idea of my standing based on KAPLAN practice tests. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know that I would judge based on the Kaplan practice tests. I took two of them (one at the very beginning before review classes started & one at the end) & neither of them were very well written. I pray to God that the real deal COMLEX is much better written, but I won't know until Thursday. Bring it on, I guess.....

when you guys say kaplan practice tests do you mean the full lenght kaplan tests, usmle qbank, or comlex qbank?

I was talking about the ones that Kaplan provided prior to & after their review course (one is 150 q's & the other 220, I think).

They are paper & pencil tests so any pictures on them are complete junk & the questions themselves seemed poorly written.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely agree with you on the pictures in that 2nd test booklet they gave us.
And I don't even count their OMM questions since they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about in some of them.

Today on the COMLEX Kaplan computer questions I got a question about an MI trigger point. I thought trigger points weren't going to be covered on the COMLEX.
Also I love the sacral questions where the seated flexion test is negative yet they still want you to answer it L on L FST or R on L FST on them.

Also don't trust their viscero-somatics. Bogus. I've had to remember the correct ones along with theirs just so I know WTF they're talking about.

Krazykritter - good luck on Thursday. I'm one week after yours but I still don't feel prepared enough.

OP - I saw some where (rumor) that you need 55-60% to pass but I'm not really for sure just as no one really is except for the NBOME and their top secret scoring formula.

Thanks, Munchkin! I think I'm ready for the COMLEX. At this point, I just want to get it over w/ so I can almost completely forget about OMM & then kick the USMLE's ass two weeks from Friday.

are those 2 test your talking about for the USMLE or COMLEX, I dont remember any OPP on them? They are also online I believe.

On a separate note, is it true that if you fail COMLEX the first time and pass the second time, they only report your second score to residencies?

That used to be true. However, starting this year, NBOME also reports to residencies how many times you have failed the COMLEX.

Anyone get their COMLEX scores back yet? I suspect that the first batch of testers will be getting them quite soon (late this week into next week).

Anyone get their COMLEX scores back yet? I suspect that the first batch of testers will be getting them quite soon (late this week into next week).

How long does it usually take to get the results? Do they wait until there is a representative mean, or are you just compared to people taking it at the same time as you? I've heard both stories.