Passing score on World?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueElmo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What percentage correct on UWorld do you guys think correlates to passing score of 188 on the real exam? And what percentage for the average score of 221? I don't know how accurate 2.4*World+84 is, it seems pretty random formula to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Idk how accurate that website is, considering I can easily get around 70% timed random on world, but can't get pass mid 220s on the NBME's.

Who knows. I'm around 68% on uworld, UWSA1 240, UWSA2 236, NBME 11 was 233. So for me it seems to have overestimated a bit so far as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that low 60s is somewhere around passing, and mid 60s is comfortably passing. Consistent high 70s/low 80s = 250ish

uweezy seems WAY more difficult than the nbme

It does, but the curve/percentage on the NBMEs are tougher. If you use the Uworld correction formula for score, you get something ridiculous like 83% correct is 280+. For the NBMEs, 83% correct is around a 230.

It seems these two sources are really far apart in calculations but seem to do a decent job in predicting. I've heard low 60s in Uworld was good enough to pass but I know nothing.

I think that low 60s is somewhere around passing, and mid 60s is comfortably passing. Consistent high 70s/low 80s = 250ish

Would you mind elaborating, I take it in a couple of days and having leveled off at 60-63% am just trying to review key weaknesses. Trying to clear 220. You're statement made me nervous.

Would you mind elaborating, I take it in a couple of days and having leveled off at 60-63% am just trying to review key weaknesses. Trying to clear 220. You're statement made me nervous.

Have you taken any NBME's? You should definitely use your scores on those to predict instead of your uworld %.

Have you taken any NBME's? You should definitely use your scores on those to predict instead of your uworld %.

No, unfortunately I ran out of time and figured constant studying of the material would net me the best short term payout.

According to the USMLE Score Correlation blogpost, 60-63% is 223-232. But really, NBMEs are the only scores to hang your hat on.

Though on that table, my World % is roughly within a few points of my actual score

According to the USMLE Score Correlation blogpost, 60-63% is 223-232. But really, NBMEs are the only scores to hang your hat on.

Though on that table, my World % is roughly within a few points of my actual score

OK. I guess I just to crank hard until the night before and hope for the best, while not hanging my hat on the prognostic.

A 210 or so wouldn't be devastating given my career interests but it might limit me slightly. A 220 and up and I'd be ecstatic.

OK. I guess I just to crank hard until the night before and hope for the best, while not hanging my hat on the prognostic.

A 210 or so wouldn't be devastating given my career interests but it might limit me slightly. A 220 and up and I'd be ecstatic.

Give yourself at least a half-day before the exam to mellow out. You gotta catch your breath and be at your best the morning of!

If you were a week out I'd suggest you take one NBME, but you don't want to risk your state of mind when you're so close to your test date.

Give yourself at least a half-day before the exam to mellow out. You gotta catch your breath and be at your best the morning of!

If you were a week out I'd suggest you take one NBME, but you don't want to risk your state of mind when you're so close to your test date.

Cool, thanks.