Passing Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMDcanada

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tell me, out of the 336 questions on the exam, how many do u need approxmilately to get right in order to pass??? how do they calculate the score. thx

Members don't see this ad.

im trying to be serious..

what score about? u figure about 70% raw score? there must be a converter somewhere?? no? there was for the mcat

Members don't see this ad :)
im trying to be serious..

what score about? u figure about 70% raw score? there must be a converter somewhere?? no? there was for the mcat

Nope, no one knows. It's all speculation. The NBME is tightlipped. We don't even know what the highest possible score is.

we cannot predict what you need to pass, and since you are simply looking for someone to give you a percent, please understand that we dont know. overall tho, the NBME exams have been good predictors of one's step 1 performance so once you get to that part of your prep, your performance on these exams may give you a general sense of how you are doing.

And why are you concerned about what the "pass" mark is? Create a goal for yourself based on what your aspirations are, and set that as your own personal "pass". Surely you're not aiming just to pass Step I...?

(Yes, yes, I realize we all just want to pass and it's a hard test and all that, but realistically your own performance goal should be centered around something more than just that arbitrary, low, bare minimum score to pass)