Past mistakes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rubdubdubb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I struggled a lot during my first year and a half of college, which led me to getting dismissed because of my academics. I was just wondering if there's any chance for me to go to med school. By the time I graduate I know I will definitely have over a 3.0, including hours of shadowing and volunteer work.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, there is still a chance. Take a look through previous posts as many on the non-trad forum have recovered from low GPAs. Long story short, medical school is still an option for your but you will have to work for it.

So, I struggled a lot during my first year and a half of college, which led me to getting dismissed because of my academics. I was just wondering if there's any chance for me to go to med school. By the time I graduate I know I will definitely have over a 3.0, including hours of shadowing and volunteer work.

There's another post today on having a chance with a low gpa that was posted, look it up.

My answer to you is the same as the one to that person.

1. figure out what was wrong and fix it.
2. depending, take time off and fix it
3. do nothing and ruin your chances