PAT angle advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yumi43

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a good strategy for angle ranking?

i've been doing kaplan and cdp practice tests and i always get almost everything right on kaplan (it's too easy) and only about 50% right on cdp (i've heard cdp is a lot closer to the real dat's). i think this is my weakest section in pat. therefore, any suggestions, methods, strategies would be incredibly helpful. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone have a good strategy for angle ranking?

i've been doing kaplan and cdp practice tests and i always get almost everything right on kaplan (it's too easy) and only about 50% right on cdp (i've heard cdp is a lot closer to the real dat's). i think this is my weakest section in pat. therefore, any suggestions, methods, strategies would be incredibly helpful. thanks!

yeh i know what you mean - angle section is killer. i took CDP test 9 today, got every section perfect... except for 5 wrong - all on angles. i don't know what to do to improve my angles a whole lot except hammer a ton of angles out the next day or two. i try to use the 'laptop' method or the 'hill' method, but they don't work the best when the angles are oriented all different ways. i just calls em like i sees em.

this guy has a kind of blog about the dat - but the techniques could help - http://acedat.wordpress.com/

I tried practicing angle ranking, and i kept on getting 50% no matter what i tried. I bought the royal flush cdp and did all the angle rankings. I spent the rest of my time trying to master all of the other sections to get as high as possible so my pat would be better. I feel that is a better strategy, if like me, you are super bad at angle ranking (i never got the hill technique or any of that stuff)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the best thing to do in PAT is get all the others right except 15 angles :)

I think the best thing to do in PAT is get all the others right except 15 angles :)

That'll only get you a 21. Come on, Aim higher.

BTW, to the above post, CDP is Crack The PAT, seems to be THE software to use for the PAT section.

That'll only get you a 21. Come on, Aim higher.

BTW, to the above post, CDP is Crack The PAT, seems to be THE software to use for the PAT section.

That's only if we assume we get all 15 angles wrong. Put C to all 15 and we can get at least 2~3 right. I think that's around 22~24? :)

That's only if we assume we get all 15 angles wrong. Put C to all 15 and we can get at least 2~3 right. I think that's around 22~24? :)

Well I guess that's first assuming you'd get EVERYTHING else right. Easier said than done I guess.