Jul 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
On the DAT, were the angles for the angle ranking really difficult to see? Like 2 degrees difference, like bootcamp is? Or is it a little better, maybe 10 degree differences?

DJI

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
On the DAT, were the angles for the angle ranking really difficult to see? Like 2 degrees difference, like bootcamp is? Or is it a little better, maybe 10 degree differences?
The ones on the DAY ranged from hard 3 degree differences to easy 5 degree differences. But never 10, that would be ridiculous lol

Reactions: krisnocaries

SDDDAT

Pixar Fanatic
2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2016
Somewhere in the future
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm probably in the minority here, but I thought all of the angle ranking problems on my DAT were a lot easier than ones from Bootcamp generator. I'd say they were all higher than 3 degrees on my test whereas Bootcamp has a lot of 2 degree problems.

array

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2016
Texas
Status
Pre-Dental
I agree with SDDDAT! In my opinion, the angle ranking on the DAT was a tad easier than Bootcamp's. This is the section where you just trust your gut and pick.

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
Second that with SDDAT. Bootcamp angle generator is harder than the actual DAT. If you can get 14/15 correct on Bootcamp, you should be more than fine on the actual DAT.

DC206R

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Real DAT was slightly easier although they had some funky orientations and lengths. I think they were about 3-4 degrees difference on the real thing.

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
I'm getting 7/15 on bootcamp. :(
I first took the Kaplan practice exam. It was a little too easy, I got 23 without even knowing what PAT was.

However, I bought/used Bootcamp, and the first few I was averaging around 9 or 10/15. Sometimes I would have an insanely low 5/15 for some unknown reason. Keep practicing, use the angle generator (turn the timer OFF) and find YOUR system of ranking the angle! To give you some hope, even though I struggled and wasn't consistent with angle ranking, I got a 24 on PAT.

DJI

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I first took the Kaplan practice exam. It was a little too easy, I got 23 without even knowing what PAT was.

However, I bought/used Bootcamp, and the first few I was averaging around 9 or 10/15. Sometimes I would have an insanely low 5/15 for some unknown reason. Keep practicing, use the angle generator (turn the timer OFF) and find YOUR system of ranking the angle! To give you some hope, even though I struggled and wasn't consistent with angle ranking, I got a 24 on PAT.[/QUO

However, I bought/used Bootcamp, and the first few I was averaging around 9 or 10/15. Sometimes I would have an insanely low 5/15 for some unknown reason. Keep practicing, use the angle generator (turn the timer OFF) and find YOUR system of ranking the angle! To give you some hope, even though I struggled and wasn't consistent with angle ranking, I got a 24 on PAT.
I was the same way and I also recieved a 24 on the PAT section. OP, just keep practicing, it will click eventually.

array

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2016
Texas
Status
Pre-Dental
I used to make "below 14" on DAT Bootcamp's PAT, but practiced and made a 22 on the real DAT. In fact, I delayed my test solely because of my poor PAT results on the practice exams. Just keep practicing!

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
We all sound like those sketchy infomercials "I used to get a 11 on PAT but after working with so-and-so, I got a 38 on my PAT!"

No, but in all seriousness, practice makes perfect. How high you will actually score idk, but keep working at it and I'm sure you'll make significant improvements!