PAT - angle ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyfaceschoolkid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the DAT, were the angles for the angle ranking really difficult to see? Like 2 degrees difference, like bootcamp is? Or is it a little better, maybe 10 degree differences?

Members don't see this ad.

On the DAT, were the angles for the angle ranking really difficult to see? Like 2 degrees difference, like bootcamp is? Or is it a little better, maybe 10 degree differences?
The ones on the DAY ranged from hard 3 degree differences to easy 5 degree differences. But never 10, that would be ridiculous lol

Reactions: 1 user
I'm probably in the minority here, but I thought all of the angle ranking problems on my DAT were a lot easier than ones from Bootcamp generator. I'd say they were all higher than 3 degrees on my test whereas Bootcamp has a lot of 2 degree problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with SDDDAT! In my opinion, the angle ranking on the DAT was a tad easier than Bootcamp's. This is the section where you just trust your gut and pick.

Second that with SDDAT. Bootcamp angle generator is harder than the actual DAT. If you can get 14/15 correct on Bootcamp, you should be more than fine on the actual DAT.

Real DAT was slightly easier although they had some funky orientations and lengths. I think they were about 3-4 degrees difference on the real thing.

I'm getting 7/15 on bootcamp. :(
I first took the Kaplan practice exam. It was a little too easy, I got 23 without even knowing what PAT was.

However, I bought/used Bootcamp, and the first few I was averaging around 9 or 10/15. Sometimes I would have an insanely low 5/15 for some unknown reason. Keep practicing, use the angle generator (turn the timer OFF) and find YOUR system of ranking the angle! To give you some hope, even though I struggled and wasn't consistent with angle ranking, I got a 24 on PAT.

I first took the Kaplan practice exam. It was a little too easy, I got 23 without even knowing what PAT was.

However, I bought/used Bootcamp, and the first few I was averaging around 9 or 10/15. Sometimes I would have an insanely low 5/15 for some unknown reason. Keep practicing, use the angle generator (turn the timer OFF) and find YOUR system of ranking the angle! To give you some hope, even though I struggled and wasn't consistent with angle ranking, I got a 24 on PAT.[/QUO

However, I bought/used Bootcamp, and the first few I was averaging around 9 or 10/15. Sometimes I would have an insanely low 5/15 for some unknown reason. Keep practicing, use the angle generator (turn the timer OFF) and find YOUR system of ranking the angle! To give you some hope, even though I struggled and wasn't consistent with angle ranking, I got a 24 on PAT.
I was the same way and I also recieved a 24 on the PAT section. OP, just keep practicing, it will click eventually.

I used to make "below 14" on DAT Bootcamp's PAT, but practiced and made a 22 on the real DAT. In fact, I delayed my test solely because of my poor PAT results on the practice exams. Just keep practicing!

We all sound like those sketchy infomercials "I used to get a 11 on PAT but after working with so-and-so, I got a 38 on my PAT!"

No, but in all seriousness, practice makes perfect. How high you will actually score idk, but keep working at it and I'm sure you'll make significant improvements!