PAT angle rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skibum19

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any tricks or tips for the angle ranking section on the PAT. For some reason this section is killing me. I have been using crack dat pat. is the real dat comparable to this difficulty wise?

Members don't see this ad.

It's the hardest part on PAT, in my opinion. Just take the practice test(s) over and over again, get a "feel" for angles (oh yeah). Not much else you can really do here, though.

Practice tests are easy compared to the actual DAT in my opinion. I thought angle ranking was the single hardest part of my entire DAT.

Hello, my name is Oleg.
I live in Brooklyn,NY and very interested in finding study partner or partners who may be also interested in studying together for the DAT! I have knowledge on some topics more than on the others, but currently study on my own from the DAT Test Prep Books. As we all know, "two heads better then one" and " the more, the marrier". I figured studying with someone else will make the time go by more interesting and fun at the same time. Please let me know if you are interested or know someone who may be interested.
My email: [email protected]
Thank you very much, in advance!
Sincerely, Oleg

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone here have any tricks or tips for the angle ranking section on the PAT. For some reason this section is killing me. I have been using crack dat pat. is the real dat comparable to this difficulty wise?

since they give you laminate paper and your id must be on the table, use them as tools to compare those 2 really hard to distinguish angles :D

since they give you laminate paper and your id must be on the table, use them as tools to compare those 2 really hard to distinguish angles :D

First off, this is cheating. Second, the testing centers use cameras to prevent things like this.

really? you're not allowed to do that? they give you 2 pieces of laminate why cant you put it up to the screen? all the tools there are for you to use right?

I've read in previous discussions about the PAT that Sacjumpman gave some good tips on angle rankings. I've done searches but can't find the post. Anyone have the link?

It should turn up if you search for threads started by him, then specify this forum.

This is pretty tricky. Fortunately it wasn't too bad for me, but one thing I learned was not to analyze each angle. I found I did better when I glanced at them as a whole and then quickly ranked them in my head before looking at the answer choices. These are meant to be quick and easy points so treat them as such. For me anyway, my first guess was usually correct.
Also, you for sure cannot hold things up to the screen to measure angles(ie. laminated sheets). You aren't even allowed to touch the screen.

Practice tests are easy compared to the actual DAT in my opinion. I thought angle ranking was the single hardest part of my entire DAT.

Second that, in the practice tests I could fly through that section but on the actual I definitely had to dedicate more time to it.

The more you practice the better for this section.