PAT Angles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deezz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the rules are for the angle portion of the PAT?
I would assume that no objects can be used, but can you use your fingers to help frame the angles for your eye? Are you allowed to touch the screen, etc?
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what the rules are for the angle portion of the PAT?
I would assume that no objects can be used, but can you use your fingers to help frame the angles for your eye? Are you allowed to touch the screen, etc?
Thanks in advance.

my understanding is, your not supposed to use ANYTHING other than your brain and eyes to solve these.... I think touching the screen or putting your hand on the screen is a form of cheating, be careful with this as there are cameras looking at everyone

Im doing rather decent on the practice pat's but i always miss 5-6 angles which is really bringing me down

There are dedicated cameras pointed at each test-taker that are closely monitored, so I wouldn't try and measure angles using the laminated sheets or anything. Although, I do think it's fair game to partially cover the lines with your hand to help you visualize the angle. Either way, you really should be blowing by the angles as fast as you can to leave yourself enough time for the other sections. You don't have time to try and measure the angles in any way. I really think the best way to go is to just go with your first instinct.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear this section is HARD! I took the practice ones from Kaplan, and it's super duper easy.

I'm scared because people say this section is really harder than it sounds.

as far as I know (that is taking practice problems), the PAT is not terribly hard as long as you have decent perceptual ability, hence the name.

In my opinion, if you think the PAT questions are really hard, you probably shouldn't be going into a field that requires good visual perception.

perceptual ability really isn't learned. its a talent. it can be improved, but if you don't have a decent base talent, then it will be hard for you.

I don't know if you were directing that at me, but I never said I think they are hard. In fact, I think they are easy from limited experience.

I said I hear it's hard from people that has taken the REAL test.

Have you read some of the things members said that have actually taken the DAT about angles? Like I said earlier, supposedly it's harder than what it seems.

I don't know if you were directing that at me, but I never said I think they are hard. In fact, I think they are easy from limited experience.

I said I hear it's hard from people that has taken the REAL test.

Have you read some of the things members said that have actually taken the DAT about angles? Like I said earlier, supposedly it's harder than what it seems.

oh okay, I misunderstood that a bit. :thumbup:

Hey, TKD...I see you are good at the Math:)

What do you suggest for a study guide? Is there a good book, such like AP bio is good for the Bio section?

Thanks!

Hey, TKD...I see you are good at the Math:)

What do you suggest for a study guide? Is there a good book, such like AP bio is good for the Bio section?

Thanks!

I'm still early in the prep stage, but from what I've seen and heard, the DAT Destroyer is one of the harder books, and therefore if you can do well on that, it really helps the DAT scores. that's what I plan on doing. (as well as supplementing that with other materials, such as kaplan and the like)

as far as I know (that is taking practice problems), the PAT is not terribly hard as long as you have decent perceptual ability, hence the name.

In my opinion, if you think the PAT questions are really hard, you probably shouldn't be going into a field that requires good visual perception.

perceptual ability really isn't learned. its a talent. it can be improved, but if you don't have a decent base talent, then it will be hard for you.

There are schools even don’t look at PAT score. There is not really correlation between PAT score and performance in dental school or later practicing dentistry.