PAT BC Dissapoitment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flossit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty dissapointed about BC generators. I was doing great for the TFE and angle ranking in the generators and thought I nailed it. But today I did my first BC exam and it is completely different and I really sucked at it. I left those exams for the last five days leading to real DAT and I see I know nothing.
Is the real Dat similar to the exams or the generators.
It's not about the money anymore it's about my time....no time to improve...4 days left...well yeah paid for BC and paid for the test...

Members don't see this ad.

"I was doing great for the TFE and angle ranking in the generators and thought I nailed it. But today I did my first BC exam and it is completely different and I really sucked at it."
Don't say you suck at something or you will start to believe it and then you will do bad because you unconsciously expect to do bad before you even start.

"I left those exams for the last five days leading to real DAT and I see I know nothing."
- All you can do is practice and practice some more. But when you get stuff wrong dont just skip it and continue . You have to study what mistake you did so you dont repeat it.
"Is the real Dat similar to the exams or the generators."
I still have not taken it but why dont you look at the free 2007 dat PAT and see for yourself and if you have the 2009 paper DAT test bought already, just look there to compare.

"It's not about the money anymore it's about my time....no time to improve...4 days left...well yeah paid for BC and paid for the test..."
Its always better to postpone then to go into it knowing you are unprepared for one section.

Reactions: 1 user
I had that same experience when I went from the generators to the practice tests with bootcamp. I got a 17 on my first one after destroying the generators. After doing a couple more I'm consistently getting above a 20. Use the tests to learn. Read the explanations and you'll quickly improve. There's just different things that the generator doesn't expose you too but since you have a good foundation, you'll be able to quickly adapt and be back to rocking the PAT

The generators are for quick and easy practice. The exams are tougher and you should really learn from those.

Members don't see this ad :)
"I was doing great for the TFE and angle ranking in the generators and thought I nailed it. But today I did my first BC exam and it is completely different and I really sucked at it."
Don't say you suck at something or you will start to believe it and then you will do bad because you unconsciously expect to do bad before you even start.

"I left those exams for the last five days leading to real DAT and I see I know nothing."
- All you can do is practice and practice some more. But when you get stuff wrong dont just skip it and continue . You have to study what mistake you did so you dont repeat it.
"Is the real Dat similar to the exams or the generators."
I still have not taken it but why dont you look at the free 2007 dat PAT and see for yourself and if you have the 2009 paper DAT test bought already, just look there to compare.

"It's not about the money anymore it's about my time....no time to improve...4 days left...well yeah paid for BC and paid for the test..."
Its always better to postpone then to go into it knowing you are unprepared for one section.
Thank you so much for your support!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I had that same experience when I went from the generators to the practice tests with bootcamp. I got a 17 on my first one after destroying the generators. After doing a couple more I'm consistently getting above a 20. Use the tests to learn. Read the explanations and you'll quickly improve. There's just different things that the generator doesn't expose you too but since you have a good foundation, you'll be able to quickly adapt and be back to rocking the PAT
Thank you!