Jan 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I watched YouTube videos and I get what they're asking, but for the first question I always run out of time since I'm counting all the cubes and making the tally. I just started practicing though, you think if I practice everyday, I will get faster at counting them all or is there any other faster method that you guys have used? Thanks

Jul 31, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
PAT is so intimidating and tough at the beginning, and the only thing that will make it better is practice, BUT IT WILL GET BETTER! Also for cube counting specifically, the tally method never really worked for me, I think it was just too much to think about after finally deciding how many sides were painted per each cube. What I found works amazing is just kind of "mapping" out the cubes on your paper; I just start at one end of the structure and count how many faces per cube and I just start writing down the numbers on my paper without actually ever looking down at the paper. For example let's say you just had a column of 5 cubes stacked on top of each other, I would just start at the top of my page and write "5", then move down the column on my paper with "4 4 4 4". This also makes it easier to go back and see if you made mistakes because you can actually see which number corresponds to which exact cube, instead of just having a list of tallies to look at. Hope this helps

Reactions: pateeth

rolltide15

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
What program are you using? If you are using BC you can turn the timer off on the generators.

mOlar1!

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
okay let me tell you when i first started cube counting, i'd cry everytime i see a question bc it looked so dam difficult, then i watched ari's video and bam it helped. practice.pratice.practice and you'll get there.