PAT DAT Angle ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyfaceschoolkid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice on mastering angle ranking?! I have DAT bootcamp right now, and I am taking the tests and keep getting the angle ranking's wrong....If you guys have anything helpful, please let me know! :)

Members don't see this ad.

This may be cheating I'm not sure*: I used my placard (the pink sheet they give you to take notes if you need) and held it up to extend the lines on some of the angles since it can be difficult to determine a 1 degree difference between angles if the lines are also very short. This probably only helps if you are an extremely visual learner and need to see an exaggerated angle to be able to decide between two that are very close.

*I only did this for the first few questions then stopped because I was worried I would get in trouble but I later asked (after completing the PAT because I was worried about asking a question and using up time) and the test administer said it was fine. Wish I'd done it for the whole test haha.

No shortcut other than practice. I used to get 0% of the angles right on bootcamp now I can hit 70% correct after a few weeks of practice!