PAT from DAT achiever..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tracy47

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it only me, or the PAT of DAT achiever extremely hard? For some questions, I swear there could be 2 answers, even after looking at the solution ( which I think is great btw!) For example, #10 on PAT 1, why is the asnwer B and not C?

It's making me really nervous, my DAT is on the 10th, but i'm thinking of postponing it 2 weeks due to my inability to conquer this beast by the name of PAT. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Tracy47 said:
Is it only me, or the PAT of DAT achiever extremely hard? For some questions, I swear there could be 2 answers, even after looking at the solution ( which I think is great btw!) For example, #10 on PAT 1, why is the asnwer B and not C?

It's making me really nervous, my DAT is on the 10th, but i'm thinking of postponing it 2 weeks due to my inability to conquer this beast by the name of PAT. :smuggrin:
Yes, I agree. The PAT section on the DAT achiever is pretty hard, but I think it's a good way to practice since the angles on it are pretty similar to what I got on my DAT last time I took them. I'm retaking them in 2 weeks because of the PAT section, and I just bought the software last weekend. I should've bought this before I took my 1st DAT. Anyways, good luck to you.

C is wrong becuz of a deeper cut at the top depicted as follows:

You should unshade the rotatable object at the solution page to better capture this. Hope this helps. :)

Personally, I don't think the real PAT will be very much easier than Achiever's PAT... I might be the unlucky one to have gotten a tougher set of exam. But, my advice is "be prepared for the worse", since you'll never know how challenging PAT's going to be!

Tracy47 said:

Hey Tracy,

Don't worry! I got DAT achiever two weeks before I took my exam, and I totally bombed the first PAT section. Just keep going through them and take the time to understand why your answers are right/wrong. You'll get better with practice. By the time you take your real exam, the PAT will be much more doable (except maybe the angles).

Good luck!