• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Celtics34

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everyone, I am a rook with the DAT but I have absolutely no trouble with angles, cube counting, and hold punching.

I need some serious hints regarding the keyhole, top-front-end, and pattern folding portions of the PAT. Are there any helpful tid bits out there that will help me out? Thanks

Vicviper

Michael De Coro, DMD - AKA Steve McAwesome
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
Visalia, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
The main tip that Kaplan gives for TFE is that the lines in one are related to the lines in another. That said, all of the vertical lines in top will be shown as vertical in front, all of the horizontal lines shown in front will be shown as horizontal in end, and any vertical lines in end will be horizontal lines in top (I think that's right). So one easy way to get rid of a few answers is to count the number of horizontal and vertical lines that SHOULD be in your answer, and then compare that to the choices given.

An example, say the end image is unknown, the top image has 5 horizontal lines, and the front image has 4 horizontal lines, so you then know that your answer must have 5 vertical lines and 4 horizontal lines. Get rid of any of the choices that don't match that, and then just try to picture the object. After you get rid of the ones that don't match the line numbers are usually just different in the line being visable or not.

Also, one easy thing that messed me up when I first started looking at these, and you probably already know this, but just in case, END is from the RIGHT of the object.

I hope this helps!

About the Ads

chessxwizard

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Don't be over-confident on angles... I thought that I had a good grip on them until I experienced the real thing.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.