PAT hole punch tip

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cm5796

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been discussed before but if you are given gridded laminated sheets as your scratch paper used this to your advantage. Outline a 4x4 block and put a dot where the first hole(s) are on the image. I found it very easy to unfold each fold one at a time and put dots where they should be. It was very methodical and helped me keep the positions of the dots straight. Maybe this is obvious to most, but I didn't think to do it until I was driving to the test center.

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like a waste of time for ME. I usually get 15/15 in hole punhcing. It's the easiest for me, but then I barely get a 8/15 on he last section of PAT which is 3D perspective. I'm also not that good at TFE. [10/15]

I tried this method, but I dont like it at all. In theory it sounds good, tracing all the folds and marking the dots, but in reality...at least for me....i really feel time being wasted between looking at the screen and making the marks. Worst part of all is it still doesnt make it more accurate....for me. Also, my marker keeps drying out even if i put the cap back on between each marking (and its not the marker.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i actually tried it with crack dat. Its not great but on some it worked. although time consuming, it helped me not have to keep a track record of the dots in my head.

On crack Test 2 #52, I just cant understand how that 1 hole makes 6 holes. I keep running the explanation and its obvious, but when I try to make a judgement of how many holes there are based on layers it just never comes out to 6, all i come out with is 3. There must be some crazy fold in there that multiplies it by 2.

Could someone explain how to use the number of layers in the fold as a strategy?