PAT iPhone App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NothinbutNetter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm a second year dental student. I recently developed an app to help study for the PAT that just became available on the itunes store. It's still in early development but I think it will be a useful tool to help conceptualize and process the 3D imaging that makes the PAT so tough.

Like I said it's still in early development so any feedback is much appreciated. Here is a link that has 50 free downloads so check it out and tell me what you think!!

http://codehookup.com/2c5183c5

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a great idea, if you could port it to Android I would be able to give some feedback :)

I only had time to look at a few questions - good work on the whole. My one suggestion would be for the 3d manipulative object to appear only after the student has answered the question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I like it alot! I agree that I'd probably prefer having the 3d objects appear after answering the question. Also, in the angle rankings, the angles are kinda tough to see since they're black against a dark blue background..but overall this app seems really useful.

Another really minor thing would be the typo/capitalization on the main page (top/font/end).

Thanks for catching that. Like I said it still needs a lot of work. The main idea is to get the "A ha" moment with the 3d objects.

Updates are on the way!

One more free app available.

Again, feedback is appreciated. I think this will really help with the PAT.

I don't think you should should take out the 3D images at the beginning. We are all at different levels, so someone who does not want to see them can just ignore them :)

However, I wish the app would save our progress, and not make me start at question 1 every time. Also, in cube counting, if the answer is zero, it is already there, and so we see see that zero is indeed the correct answer before even trying. Other than that, I found it to be very helpful, so thank you!!

thanks TL3. First update will be saved progress and I'm going to fix the angle color as well. It's def a work in progress, but end goal is higher scores!