PAT on achiever question for those who took the DAT already

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teefRcool

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i was getting 22's and 23's on kaplans and 19 and 20's on topscore I just did DAT achiever and got a 16. Is the real test exactly same difficulty as achiever or is achiever harder. Thanks guys i'm really worried now.

Members don't see this ad.

teefRcool said:
Hey guys i was getting 22's and 23's on kaplans and 19 and 20's on topscore I just did DAT achiever and got a 16. Is the real test exactly same difficulty as achiever or is achiever harder. Thanks guys i'm really worried now.

Achiever's PAT is generally harder than the real one except for angle ranking. I bet you must have run out of time, leading to a low score of 16. I would try going through every problem on the test thoroughly including those you answered correctly, and try figure out where/how you missed and/or guessed correctly/wrongly before looking at the solutions. Make sure also you're going to make full use of the two tier explanations on the Top-Front-End.

Strive to go beyond the threshold point of 18 as much as you can. 90 questions with only 60 minutes to spare is not going to be easy on the real thing though. :)

on average I scored 2-4 points lower on DAT achiever's PAT than on the Topscore/Kaplan ones. My real PAT score was right around my topscore scores...one point less than my average for Topscore.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see this question every other day. Achiever is harder. Did you get the email that they send you after you buy it? They mention that the SNS and PAT are intentionally made more difficult so that they could incorporate more material.

While not set in stone, achiever scores tend to go up +2-3 on the real test.

I scored 15.16.17 on my achiever PAT and got a 22 on the real test. Was scoring 15-16s on the SNS and got 20s. So use it to practice..don't worry about the scores.

yup
achiever is really hard compared to the real DAT

I got 22 on the real DAT

but I only got 17 on achiever... :eek:

Chrono1984 said:
I see this question every other day. Achiever is harder. Did you get the email that they send you after you buy it? They mention that the SNS and PAT are intentionally made more difficult so that they could incorporate more material.

While not set in stone, achiever scores tend to go up +2-3 on the real test.

I scored 15.16.17 on my achiever PAT and got a 22 on the real test. Was scoring 15-16s on the SNS and got 20s. So use it to practice..don't worry about the scores.

If you are right I am stoked. I'm not sure if I got lucky or what but I scored 21 on Achiever PAT test 1. I thought it was weird because I ran out of time and started guessing. We'll see on the others...