PAT on BOOTCAMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trocha86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals I just got on the bootcamp site and I see that there is a PAT section on it has anyone tired it out? how is it compared to Qvault I was about to purchase Bootcamp and Get the PAT form Qvault since bootcamp didnt have it... so is it a :thumbup: or a :thumbdown:

Kinda excited to try it out :)

Members don't see this ad.

I did not have a PAT section on Bootcamp. Maybe it's something new that they are doing. Haven't tried it. I'm sure if it's anything like their science material, it will be great.

Members don't see this ad :)
They put up a reading and PAT section on it!! Omg and its only 20 dollars!! I might just get it for the good price, and for the reputation bootcamp has, im sure it will be good resources! :) But reviews on it by people who already got it would be awesome!

Yeah I got it too since it was only 20. I haven't checked it out yet tho. Just jumped on the nice price!

I would love to see if someone that has taken the DAT can take this PAT from Bootcamp to see how it compares to the Real DAT PAT section... Im pretty sure now that they already took the DAT they don't wanna take another practice exam EVER lol

I would love to see if someone that has taken the DAT can take this PAT from Bootcamp to see how it compares to the Real DAT PAT section... Im pretty sure now that they already took the DAT they don't wanna take another practice exam EVER lol

hahaha yes, we need insights from people who already taken the DAT. Right now, I only have CDP for PAT and I was thinking of getting another material for it because everyone has been saying CDP is way too easy and not really representative. It would be awesome if PAT on bootcamp was actually more representative..

Can people who took the DAT already just try the bootcamp free PAT test and tell us how close it is to the actual test? :love::love:

Yeeeaaahhhhh... I just finished the first PAT test on Bootcamp. I literally came here to see if anyone else had done it. I thought it was kind of intense. Like, I was wriggling around in my seat like I did the first time I took the real test. It is harder than CDP in regards to some sections, but maybe on par with others. Key hole is more difficult IMO. But the explanations seem to be MUCH more helpful than CDP for this section. TFE was the hardest for me. I haven't sat down yet to go through it all but I'm willing to bet that's my worst section.

I'm a little confused though. It seemed that for a while, the general consensus around here was that CDP was on par with the real thing and that some of the sections are even more difficult so it's a good indicator of the test itself. Now, I'm reading otherwise. Oh well I guess.

I was scoring between 18-24 on CDP and only got an 18 on the first Bootcamp so we'll see how the other's go :laugh: . I'll try reading comp. out tomorrow.

For 10 additional tests, 20 bucks isn't bad though.

well considering that the dude that owns DAT bootcamp just recently took the test and did very well....I'm getting this instead of qvault. very odd because I was getting ready to buy qvault PAT today.

I feel like Bootcamp is the young gun that comes in and shakes up all the traditionalists. I'm excited to give the new sections a look.

I just took the PAT test for bootcamp and got a 20. Last year on the DAT I got a 22 and CDP I usually am around 21-24.

Points Missed

Keyhole- 4
TFE- 6
Angles- 7
Hole Punch- 2
Cubes- 0
Pattern folding- 1

I'm normally not that bad on angles and did much better on the angles in Bootcamp's angle ranking practice- 42/50. That was an unfortunate score.

The keyholes are a little tricky in some instances and TFE is, in my opinion, the hardest section. Some were easy, but a few in a row I struggled on. One of them was like nothing I had ever seen before on a TFE problem. I also haven't taken an achiever test either though.

Hope this helps anyone interested. I think it is GREAT practice, especially for a reasonable price. Also, they have 3D models of TFE and explain the keyhole section very well. I didn't look at the explanations for the other sections.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to thank you guys for trying out BootCamp PAT and giving your opinion I also tried it and did horrible on the TFE and Keyhole I haven't taken the DAT but I def think it was harder then CDP.. I thought I was the only one who didn't do so well on TFE and Keyhole.. DEF going to Purchase I rather it be harder... ONCE AGAIN TO ALL.. THANK YOU!!!!

Let me know how reading comp is I haven't had a chance to try that one out :)

I want to thank you guys for trying out BootCamp PAT and giving your opinion I also tried it and did horrible on the TFE and Keyhole I haven't taken the DAT but I def think it was harder then CDP.. I thought I was the only one who didn't do so well on TFE and Keyhole.. DEF going to Purchase I rather it be harder... ONCE AGAIN TO ALL.. THANK YOU!!!!

Let me know how reading comp is I haven't had a chance to try that one out :)

Agree, much harder than CDP, hole punching was pretty easy though, one weird fold but explanations are dope, Ari is the man.

just took 1st PAT test on bootcamp!

in terms of difficulty, it's a little bit easier than achiever, but much harder than CDP ( i got avg of 22 on CDP ended up w/ 19 on bootcamp).

Also, the explanation is superb. easy to understand.

They put up a reading and PAT section on it!! Omg and its only 20 dollars!! I might just get it for the good price, and for the reputation bootcamp has, im sure it will be good resources! :) But reviews on it by people who already got it would be awesome!

Where are you guys finding it for only $20? I can only find it for $100...

I just took the PAT test for bootcamp and got a 20. Last year on the DAT I got a 22 and CDP I usually am around 21-24.

Points Missed

Keyhole- 4
TFE- 6
Angles- 7
Hole Punch- 2
Cubes- 0
Pattern folding- 1

I'm normally not that bad on angles and did much better on the angles in Bootcamp's angle ranking practice- 42/50. That was an unfortunate score.

The keyholes are a little tricky in some instances and TFE is, in my opinion, the hardest section. Some were easy, but a few in a row I struggled on. One of them was like nothing I had ever seen before on a TFE problem. I also haven't taken an achiever test either though.

Hope this helps anyone interested. I think it is GREAT practice, especially for a reasonable price. Also, they have 3D models of TFE and explain the keyhole section very well. I didn't look at the explanations for the other sections.

hey do you mind sharing your strategy for cube counting? Thanks :)

I use the tally method that CDP teaches. It's really not too bad once you start using this system. Have you heard of it?

I use the tally method that CDP teaches. It's really not too bad once you start using this system. Have you heard of it?

yeah but i thought it would be too time consuming to tally diff cubes if they only might ask 2-3 q's on that figure..maybe i should try it.

I make a list for each one at the same time in one big figure. I go A-E on top because there are usually only 5 figures and then 0-5 go down the paper. Then I just separate each section. See the picture for an example. ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1374186073.627318.jpg. It's really easy once you do this.

I make a list for each one at the same time in one big figure. I go A-E on top because there are usually only 5 figures and then 0-5 go down the paper. Then I just separate each section. See the picture for an example. View attachment 24469. It's really easy once you do this.

so ones you get a new figure (lets say A) you count how many are zero, one etc...and compare to total and then answer q's? I should really do this, it will probably improve by score a bit

I'm not sure i completely understand your question, but this is what I do. I put a tally for each and every cube in the first figure, answer the 3 questions that usually apply to each figure, then do the next figure and repeat.

I'm not sure i completely understand your question, but this is what I do. I put a tally for each and every cube in the first figure, answer the 3 questions that usually apply to each figure, then do the next figure and repeat.

yeah that's what i meant sorry i wasnt being clear

Totally cool it's hard to ask questions sometimes through typing. I just wanted to do the best I could to help.

so ones you get a new figure (lets say A) you count how many are zero, one etc...and compare to total and then answer q's? I should really do this, it will probably improve by score a bit

Actually, and Jordwin can correct me if I'm wrong as to his specific method but the tally method has you count each and every cube in the structure. As you identify the cubes, you add a tally in the appropriate box. Obviously, you'll count cubes you won't be asked about but the strength of this method is that it pretty much guarantees 100% correct on cube counting.

EDIT: Too slow, I am.

Actually, and Jordwin can correct me if I'm wrong as to his specific method but the tally method has you count each and every cube in the structure. As you identify the cubes, you add a tally in the appropriate box. Obviously, you'll count cubes you won't be asked about but the strength of this method is that it pretty much guarantees 100% correct on cube counting.

EDIT: Too slow, I am.

Exactly!

will definitely be trying that method..because i have been scoring 7-11/15 depending on the test so whatever im doing is not working very well :D

Yeah, start doing the tally method and get them correct, then you will get faster and faster and start getting them all correct and save time overall.

Me too... was wondering if you guys know any more tricks and tips for the PAT portion of the DAT.. that Hole Punching video was AWESOME and Super HELPFUL!!!

I need help with TFE and pattern folding even after reading all that wicked sick pat tutorials.

Anything to help with TFE? These problems are making me look like a noob.
EDIT: Am i the only one who doesn't understand this guys guide?

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant I don't understand this hole punching guide.Can someone explain it in even simpler terms? I don't understand why it's not clicking T_T

Last edited: