PAT on DAT vs Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arginine1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright.. I've been studying now for about a month.. Today I've taken my first achiever test...

:scared:

Can anyone tell me how it compares to the real DAT?

PAT (my strongest section).. I bombed completely.. ran out of time, skipped problems...

:eek::confused::scared:

Anyone? Any thoughts to share before I jump out of my window?

Members don't see this ad.

dat achiever is much, much harder than the real dat, but is good practice.

i think it helps prevent complacency :p

lol.. do you mean that the whole practice test is much harder or just the pat section?

.. man.. maybe I will be able to sleep tonight after all.. :(

oh, really? I didnt buy achiever but I am planning to..I have topscore and finished most of the practice sections...do u think its worth to buy achiever now? btw, my dat is coming up in a week...any adivce plz..thx

Members don't see this ad :)
in my opinion you should just use cdp. i think it was almost exactly the same as the actual dat. if you can do well on cdp you'll kill the real dat.

I agree!! Im ready to jump out of the window too.. I took the PAT 1 on the achiever and it was bad.. It was so much harder than CDP...

Thanks for your post. I am studying for a test for a month now and I took the test yesterday and just wanted to scream when I saw the result. I got 16 in PAT, 19Biology and 18 in everything else. I have not reviewed the test yet, but I so freaked out that I went back reading my biology book and was thinking to go over chemistry TEXT BOOK as well.

Last edited:
According to the seniors in our pre-dental club, there are actually lots of gems hidden in Achiever if you truly make a good use of this software. For instance, I didn't know how useful the TFE solutions can be until I read the instructions giving you the option to either continuously play or freeze the 3D model as you link it to the complete 2D explanations through the resizable Overview windows. This is very intuitive/interactive in helping me visualize the projections effectively and efficiently.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

lol.. do you mean that the whole practice test is much harder or just the pat section?

.. man.. maybe I will be able to sleep tonight after all.. :(

The entire test was much harder than the real dat. I believe i was scoring in the 16-18 range, and i got a 21 on the real thing. Make sure you go over all of the questions, even the ones you got right, because I saw some similar questions on my real dat. I think achiever is a great resource, albeit soul crushing and incredibly difficult